We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arma di Taggia to Paris

California
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Arma di Taggia to Paris

I'd like to get to Paris from Arma by train. What do you recommend is the best route?

5 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,273 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arma di Taggia to Paris

Train Taggia Arma to Ventimiglia www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for train times

Ventimiglia to Paris www.voyages-sncf.com

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,512 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arma di Taggia to Paris

As Taggia isn't far from the border, it seems to me there is only one route by train, which is first to Ventimiglia (23 mins) and then TGV from there to Paris-Lyon (6 1/2 hrs). It takes a couple of hours longer when you have to change also at Nice-Ville.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,213 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arma di Taggia to Paris

Certainly the easiest way is to take the 8.15 Italian Regional train from Taggia-Arma station to Ventimiglia for €3.40, where you then have a one hour wait for the 10.39 direct SNCF train to Paris, which is the only direct train of the day.

Italian Regional trains cannot be purchased online more than seven days in advance, but these trains have no reserved seats and no advance reductions. If you buy at any station in Italy, you get a ticket which is OK on any train for two months but must be validated (time/date-stamped) before boarding. Buy Ventimiglia-Paris from SNCF as far in advance as possible, up to 90 days, for the cheapest fares.

In theory it is no slower if you choose a connection with an additional change at Nice Ville, but it is wise to have longer connection times than online websites suggest in case of late-running trains between Taggia and Nice.

Taggia-Arma station is half-way between Taggia and Arma di Taggia. With luggage, you may need a bus rivieratrasporti.it/OrarioEstivo2013_Tasc_Ta… to the Stazione FS or a taxi to get there.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,213 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Arma di Taggia to Paris

Note that SNCF websites have phases in which they refuse to recognise Ventimiglia as a place, and I think they're in one at the moment. It's wisest to enter Vintimille (French for Ventimiglia) which is always recognised.

California
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arma di Taggia to Paris

thank you all for such complete information! you've so helped with my planning!

Reply to: Arma di Taggia to Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Arma di Taggia