We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Thailand approx 2 weeks - Itinerary help please

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Northern Thailand approx 2 weeks - Itinerary help please

We are a family of 5, including 3 teenage girls. We have been to Thailand a couple of times before, mostly Bangkok, beaches and also had a fantastic week in Chang Mai. We are heading back in January 2014 and would like to explore more of Northern Thailand. I am happy to hire a car if that is recommended. Very interested in immersing ourselves in the culture, hill tribes, elephants, beautiful scenery, bush walks and relaxation. We prefer to settle somewhere for a few days and get to know it than race to a new destination each day. We would love some help with organizing an itinerary. We plan to fly in and out of Chang Mai. I look forward to hearing from the experts!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Thailand approx 2 weeks - Itinerary help please

Donna this has been posted in the Chiang Rai province forum. You might find more people will see it in the Chiang Rai forum. Also there are great FAQs in the Chiang Rai forum on the top right of the forum page.

Caroline.

Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
875 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Thailand approx 2 weeks - Itinerary help please

I did this Itenary a couple of months ago : wikitravel.org/en/Chiang_Mai_to_Chiang_Rai_i…

...as you've got 2 weeks you can spread it out a little and add a few more things.

Take a look at this map for a number of the main attractions in the region: http://goo.gl/maps/Ek2RO

I don't know anything about it so perhaps someone else can offer a bit more advice but perhaps you want to look at Mae Hong Son region too as I hear that can be interesting.

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Northern Thailand approx 2 weeks - Itinerary help please

Thanks for the info. While we are in Chang Mai Caroline any hidden gems we should see. We did most of the touristy things last time ie tigers , zip lining, temples etc.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Northern Thailand approx 2 weeks - Itinerary help please

Come over to the Chiang Mai forum (not the Chiang Mai Province forum) and there is an excellent list of FAQs on the right of the page. One is a Top 20 things to do that I started with some ideas and lots of other people have added as well. There is also a tips for first timers list that I put up. (also in the FAQ top right of the CM forum page).

Again, if you repost this question on the Chiang Rai forum you'll get a lot more answers.

Caroline.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Northern Thailand approx 2 weeks - Itinerary help please

Donna here is the link to the top 20 things to do to get you started with ideas and on to the right page.

tripadvisor.com/…25730909

We also travel with teens and they love Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. There is heaps to see and do and you'll have no problem filling in time. The girls might enjoy a cooking school (Thai Siam Rice has a good one friends of ours did with their four kids recently). A trip up Doi Suthep mountain is a must. A visit to the umbrella village, afternoon tea in the Pink Tea House on the river (called Vieng Joom On) is a girly heaven, don't miss The Sunday Walking Street Market for lots of quirky hand made things - music and food, lots of pampering opportunites - just to name a few....

Caroline

6. Re: Northern Thailand approx 2 weeks - Itinerary help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Chiang Rai Province
More Chiang Rai Province Topics