We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting from positano to padula in mid may 2011

Florida
9 posts
Save Topic
getting from positano to padula in mid may 2011

We are a party of 5 adults that are looking any suggestions of how to get to Padula from Positano most efficiently for a full day so we can look up relatives or obtain birth certicates of our grand parents.

Thank You, George Bubolo

8 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,850 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting from positano to padula in mid may 2011

It would take almost a full day to do this journey, from Positano you would have to get to Naples then a Train via Rome then to Padua just short of Venice, it may be quicker to fly from Naples to Venice but it would still constitute travel to and from the 2 Airports,

Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: getting from positano to padula in mid may 2011

You may have read Padua instead of PADULA in my post. I appreciate your quick response but do you have any info in getting to Padula. Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,850 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting from positano to padula in mid may 2011

I wondered after I sent that , that I may of made a mistake I am sorry, I hope you can get some better help,

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,981 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting from positano to padula in mid may 2011

Padula is a very small place and, although I do not know, I think it is unlikely that there would be frequent public transport. You might do best to rent a car for the day, picking up in Sorrento or Salerno.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: getting from positano to padula in mid may 2011

Trenitalia runs a (not very frequent) bus connection from the train station at Battipaglia to Padula.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting from positano to padula in mid may 2011

the best way is by car it took me about 2 hours from salerno. the drive up the mountain is very steep and remember everything closes for about 2 hours in the middle of the day. i did this in 2004 but when i got there everything was closed so i could not get any family information. i am planning to try again in april

Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: getting from positano to padula in mid may 2011

Thank You for responding to our inquiry on Padula. We will be in Padula in May and wonder whether you have any updated numbers and/or names that would be helpful in starting our search for our relatives before we arrive.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: getting from positano to padula in mid may 2011

You need the Ufficio Anagrafe. The hours are here:

www.comune.padula.sa.it/orari_uffici1.htm

And there's an email address here for Servizi demografici:

http://www.comune.padula.sa.it/PEC.htm

Reply to: getting from positano to padula in mid may 2011
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Padula