We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day visit ideas

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
one day visit ideas

Hello everyone.

I am doing an 8 hour layover in Sicily before traveling to Naples.

Does anyone know if that is enough time to travel to Taormina which is where I have been reading is the place to go?

If not any suggestions on things I might be able to see in this amount of time?

Does anyone know if there is a sight seeing red bus like in other big cities?

I don't want to just sit in an airport, I would love to explore since I am already going to be there :)

Thanks for your help.

Denise

1 reply
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,504 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: one day visit ideas

You put this question in the forum for the town of Sicilí in Campania. The one you want for Taormina in SICILY (Sicilia) is tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187892-i344-Taorm… - or if you want to ask what there is to do in either Palermo or Catania, depending on which airport you mean: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187890-i418-Paler… or tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187888-i735-Catan…

Not knowing where you would be starting from, it's not possible to say whether you have time to travel to Taormina, but it it's Palermo, certainly not. From Catania Airport it takes about 1 1/2 hrs to Taormina by bus or train, less than an hour by taxi. Taormina has a HoHo bus: http://www.taorminahop.it/service.html

Edited: 6:06 pm, September 15, 2015
Reply to: one day visit ideas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sicili