We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?

London
Level Contributor
339 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?

Can anyone help me with where the Scandic hotel Luosto has gone? A few weeks back I looked at it via Scandic's website so we could go there for a night whilst visiting the amethyst mine. It looked great but now it has disappeared from the web? Has it been closed? I won a competition to get a free night at a scandic hotel so this seemed like a great use of the free night. It's a bit of a mystery.

11 replies to this topic
Newcastle
Level Contributor
205 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?

It's been sold to Lapland Hotels and temporarily closed. I don't know when it is reopening.

London
Level Contributor
339 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?

Thanks for reply, at least I can stop looking for it now.

Southend on Sea
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?

I hope that is not the same hotel as Luostoturini hotel because we are booked there next month.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
205 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?

No, different hotels, same village and now both owned by the ever-expanding Lapland Hotels.

Southend on Sea
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?

Big relief on my part. Thanks

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,919 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?

The former Scandic log cabins are already available on Lapland Hotel's Finnish website, apparently they haven't updated the English part of the website yet.

Reservations to the cabins can be made through the Hotel Luostotunturi. Also if you have made a reservation during Scandic's ownership, it will be honoured and is valid also now with new owners.

Former Scandic cabins on Lapland Hotels' Finnish website: laplandhotels.com/FI/…Kelomajat

Edited: 6:00 pm, January 15, 2012
London
Level Contributor
339 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?

Thanks Zam, sadly I hadnt actually hadnt booked but had the voucher for a free nights stay ( at a Scandic) for one year. As far as I can tell the only other Scandic in Lapland is in Rovaniemi which is too far to go for one night and I hadnt planned on going there anyway. I have already booked my helsinki stopover with an airport hotel so I probably wont be able to use it.

When they get the site working in English I will ask anyway as they may honour it - who knows?

Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
Level Contributor
3,919 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?

Maybe you could use the free night voucher for your night in Helsinki (you'd need to change it to the centre of Helsinki where all the Scandics are)? They used to have the Scandic Gateway at the airport but also that is no longer a Scandic, it's Glo Hotel Airport nowadays. If you haven't paid for the stopover night yet, you'd probably be able to cancel it. In most Finnish hotels you can cancel the reservations by 6 p.m. on the day of arrival.

New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?

I really liked Scandic Luosto cabins and visited the property many times. Could you compare the service level Lapland hotels to Scandic. In your opinin is this an upgrade or downgrade or is it all the same ?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,162 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?

We stayed on Katajanokka, not in a Scandic, but close by to Scancdic Grand Marina: great place, quiet but only 5 minues from the Kaupatori market/ the city centre.

Reply to: What has happened to the Luosto Scandic hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted