We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend driver in Phuket Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat

8 posts
Save Topic
Recommend driver in Phuket Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat

We engaged a private driver name Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat in Phuket for 4 days. on September 2013.

He was excellent, Friendly, helpful, punctual and flexible. He knows Phuket really well and provides good advise and recommendations to us. always on time and shows us all the beautiful places, temples and beach in Phuket.

Price : very reasonable if you make comparison with a few tour travel operators.

Overall, it was a great tour coupled with great service.

We strongly recommend Mr. Chai bawsrsawat as your private driver if ever you are in phuket

he is quite good at what he do and its easy to contact him with whatsap. Cheers.

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend driver in Phuket Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat

HI Hun99

just wondering if you could perhaps give a little more contact info please.

thanks in advance for all information

8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend driver in Phuket Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat

Hi markcool

Its about 600 per way from airport to patong and 1200 for city tour

yok_ktb@hotmail.com

+66884484592

You can add him to Whatsapp or Viber if you want.

Hun

5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend driver in Phuket Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat

Mr Chai is great, prompt communication and reasonable prices. Is happy to arrange things via email and is very quick to get back to you. Thanks Mr Chai!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend driver in Phuket Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat

Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat was excellent and quick in responding to our emails. We are currently in phuket and am using his services quite a bit. Airport transfer 600 baht. Cheapest of them all. He was unable to pick us up but he contacted us immediately upon arrival on the drivers cell to ensure all was well. Holiday inn patong to phuket night market 800 baht return and he waits for you. The tuk tuk was saying 1000 baht after haggling he agreed to 800. Better to go in private car for same price. Don't waste your time haggling prices. His are extremely competitive. Also booked him for ATV tour. Don't want to be stuck in a van with other people and making numerous stops. His rate was cheaper than advertised companies. He is able to negotiate cheaper rates. Don't think twice! Excellent.

Inter call +66884484592

yok_ktb@hotmail.com

www.driverinphuket.com

http://bestdriverphuket.wordpress.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend driver in Phuket Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat

We also did his city tour which was great - we adjusted it to our interests. For 6 hours - it was 1200 baht for driver only- he took us ATV, big buddha, go-karting, lunch on beach Rawai, dino mini golf, karon view point. We communicated via whats app - he responded promptly every time to our requests. Highly recommend!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend driver in Phuket Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat

The Mr. Chai promotion is very much starting to look like spamming.

Pleasanton, CA
Level Contributor
116 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend driver in Phuket Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat

Don't know about previous poster, but this is no spam - You can look at my other reviews :-)

I chose Mr Chai's services while planning for our Phuket trip based on good TA reviews and his responsiveness to my Qs over email. I used rental car for airport pick up/ drop off, as well as for Phuket site seeing day trip (chose my sites, rather than take the packaged option) and a trip to Phuket Night market. I don't remember the names of the 2 drivers he employed, but they were both excellent - safe, punctual & courteous. The rates were very reasonable compared with what was published as preset fare around kata Beach area. Coordinating with him was easy using WeChat (not a promo for WeChat, but just the fact). Would whole heartedly recommend him to other would be travelers to Phuket.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend driver in Phuket Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat

Thanks.

Did you also ask whether he is a licensed guide (after all he was guiding you) and about his TAT license and insurance for the tours?

Pleasanton, CA
Level Contributor
116 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommend driver in Phuket Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat

I knew exactly where to go, so there was no need for a guide

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommend driver in Phuket Mr. Chai Bawsrisawat

"I knew exactly where to go, so there was no need for a guide"

Doesn't matter. He took you on a sightseeing daytrip, so he (or the person he employed) was guiding and needs a license for that. Just as he needs a TAT license for the tours he is selling, which also has to be published on his website.