We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking large guesthouse with some conference facilities

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seeking large guesthouse with some conference facilities

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can suggest a guesthouse in the Bavarian alps (or for that matter, anywhere else in the Bavarian countryside) where an informal academic conference might be held. It would be for roughly 20-25 people and need not be luxurious, but should offer more than a hut for hikers. And it should also have something like a large living room or conference room where meetings could be held, internet access, food and drinks. Ideally, we could rent out the whole place for a few days. Thanks

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking large guesthouse with some conference facilities

I attended a conference held in Schloss Schney, in the village of Schney, near Lichtenfels. There were classrooms, a large meeting hall that would definitely hold 25, a dining hall, basic hotel rooms, internet. Groups rented it out but I don't know the procedure. Here's the website. http://www.franken-akademie.de/

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking large guesthouse with some conference facilities

hi, thanks very much. based on this i was able to find a list with several similar places at http://www.gruppenunterkuenfte.de. Still, if anyone has any particular recommendations, I'd be grateful. I noticed that a lot of the places are also youth hostels and some of them are in rather populated tourist areas. I would like something that is a bit classier than a youth hostel (though it need not be luxurious) and more isolated and quiet. It would also be nice if were not a huge place, so that we could rent out the whole thing.

Thanks!

Andreas

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking large guesthouse with some conference facilities

and i wanted to add: a really beautiful, old building would be nice too!

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking large guesthouse with some conference facilities

Franken Akademie is in a small village and is definitely quiet, if you don't count the church bells that ring every 15 minutes, day and night. The train stops nearby although there is no station, just a stop.

5. Re: Seeking large guesthouse with some conference facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 06, 2014