We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nusa Dua to Uluwatu

Which Pecatu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Nusa Dua to Uluwatu

I will be in Bali next week. I'm planning to go to Uluwatu. Can you guys tell me how to get there, how long is the travel time? What can I expect? What's the best time to go? I'd appreciate your answers and suggestions. Thank you!

3 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nusa Dua to Uluwatu

from nusa dua to uluwatu not that far, there are 2 ways to go there. it is around 20 - 25 minutes by car. it depends on where you want to go to Uluwatu....see temple of uluwatu or going to the beach? as they have nice beach in that area as well. if you want to go to uluwatu temple, bettet afternoon so you can see the sunset and there is traditional dance performance as well. not sure how much is taxi, as last time we hire a driver and a car, it is around idr 350.000 - 425.000 for 10 hours with driver and gasoline included

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nusa Dua to Uluwatu

Thank you, Daphne! I have booked a driver to take me and mom there. I'm paying IDR 300.000. I've asked the driver to take us there in the afternoon, following your advice. I would like to see the temple and the beach. Is that possible? Is there a nice market nearby coz I would also like to shop for local products?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nusa Dua to Uluwatu

There is Uluwatu Temple, it's on the cliff with beautiful view over the ocean and I remember it has plenty of monkeys..There are beaches in Uluwatu area: Dreamland and Padang-Padang. These area are famous for surfing. I have heard about Blue Point beach in Uluwatu but have never been there.

For local products shopping, I suggest to go to Denpasar for cheaper price and there are some nice malls in Denpasar and Kuta area. Famous souvenir/local products shops for Indonesians/locals are: Erlangga Bali (Nusa Kambangan street, Denpasar) and Krisna Bali (Sunset Road, Legian).

Hope you have wonderful time in Bali!

Reply to: Nusa Dua to Uluwatu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted