We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acacia Bungalows / Uluwatu accommodation

Which Pecatu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Acacia Bungalows / Uluwatu accommodation

Hi all,

Off on our honeymoon in November this year. Hubby wants to surf and has found both Mick's Place and Acacia Bungalows as accommodation options. I've found a few reviews on Mick's Place on TA but none for Acacia Bungalows! If anyone's stayed there, I'd appreciate your advice. I'm not a surfer, not so great on a beach all day with no shade at all so ideally would love to stay in nice accom, with a view so I can read my book and have a few sneaky cocktails.

Thanks!

9 replies to this topic
Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acacia Bungalows / Uluwatu accommodation

Please correct me if I'm wrong somebody.... But I think Acaia Bungalows are also in Bingin.

http://www.baliretreats.com.au/site/acacia/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acacia Bungalows / Uluwatu accommodation

Hi, I have stayed at acacia and seen micks place. The benefit of micks is the ocean view. My preference though as a non surfer is acacia. I have stayed there twice now and am going back in may. It's new, clean, has amazing staff and a great pool. It's a very short walk to micks from there and too the beach.

Definitely can only say good things about acacia.

Oh, and thee is still a bit of farm la d so take ear plugs, sometimes at night the cows are noisy, but much better than the sounds of traffic in kuta!

australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acacia Bungalows / Uluwatu accommodation

Hi

We are in the same boat, what did you decide on and was it the best choice?

Thanks

Perth, Western...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Acacia Bungalows / Uluwatu accommodation

Hi. I am sitting at Acacia Bungalows typing this from the top floor of our "Laguna Bungalow",which is open (no windows at front) overlooking the most amzingly beautiful pool/garden that we are sharing with one other couple in the next bungalow. It is divine here, the food/drinks are very reasonably priced, the brekkies are included and so yummy, fresh fruit juice or large fruit salad with yoghurt followed by eggs/omelette or banana pancake or toast. Food is generous servings. Staff are lovely. Our bungalow is beautiful, haven't seen the other ones but i imagine they are all great. Was bit worried about mozzies having our open top floor but huge beds with mozzie nets and spray has been fine. I think other bungalows are fully closed in with windows, I'm loving the fresh air blowing in as I sit on the beanbag upstairs. Our complex is completely surrounded by stone walls with lockable gates, very private.

No cocktails but a gorgeous restaurant called Calyx overlooking the ocean on the cliff about 5min walk, a bit pricey for Bali but amazing food and cocktails overlooking the Bingin surf break. We also went to another restaurant overlooking Dreamland surf break last night call El Kabron, the spanish tapas were divine, the cocktails and sangria yummy too. The meal/drinks cost us about $100 (we have 2 small kids too) but was worth it. You better to book ahead, you can reserve beanbags around the pool, at the clifftop edge, it is stunning overlooking Dreamland. You have a minimum spend of $20 or $30 per person in that section but you prob would spend that much anyway.

My hubby a surfer and he has hired a scooter and drives around checking out the different waves or walks down the cliff (about 5-10min walk) to Bingin beach, where there are lots of Warungs. We didn't try any of the for food, mostly when he surfed I stayed at the poolside with my kids. Or walked nextdoor to The Cashew Tree cafe for yummy cake, not bad coffee, yummy juices, good food/sandwiches/salads/satay etc at very cheap price. Not really a dinner place but good for lunch/snack (and has great kids area to play on).

We are breaking up our trip by heading to Uluwatu tomorrow to Puri Uluwatu Villas where we will be overlooking the ocean/surf from our accom/pool/bedroom window (much to hubby joy!) That may be only downside of Acacia, you can't see the surf from here but short walk. Plus you need a scooter or transport to get to town at Padang, unless you happy to walk 30mins I guess? Padang surf break has an amazing beach cove, you walk through a few monkeys at the top of the cliff, down through a narrow passge in the cliff to a cove of lovely waterto swim in and a few local stalls selling clothes/sarongs/sunnies etc and cold cokes/beers and food.

Hope this has helped. How exciting for a honeymoon. I'd love to be here with just my hubby...no kids!!! LOL

Sydney
Level Contributor
15 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Acacia Bungalows / Uluwatu accommodation

Hi There,

Does anyone have a price guide of the acacia bungalows??

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Acacia Bungalows / Uluwatu accommodation

Hi we have booked at the Acacia Bungalows for 4 nights 2 Adults and 2 16 year olds we are staying inthe Laguna bungalow which looks lovely the boys are all surfers so they will be in there element. This will be our first time at Bingin so hoping its fine then off to Legian for rest of holiday. It has cost us $800 for 4 nights breaky included bit more than what we usually spend in Bali but so be it as long as the boys are happy surfing and I get some peace then will all be worth it.

Will let you know how it goes.

Pacific Coast...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Acacia Bungalows / Uluwatu accommodation

We are booked for march. Is it close to Micks Place? and other restaurants?

san francisco
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Acacia Bungalows / Uluwatu accommodation

I was going to stay at Micks Place but they didn't have the availability that I was looking for so now I am thinking Acacia. Any updated reviews or other input from anyone? Seems like it is less popular for some reason.

fairhaven
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Acacia Bungalows / Uluwatu accommodation

Hi. Last year we stayed at Micks place and the year before at Acacia. Both are beautiful, so you cant go wrong. Micks is fantastic because you have the most amazing views of the ocean and to check the surf. Fantastic place for a massage and pedicure. Very basic rooms, nothing flash inside, no hot water. Acacia dont have any views but are only a short stroll to the cliff and down to the beach. They are very private but so lovely. The pool is sensational. I think i wrote a review about it 2 years ago. Wehad the 2 story villa as we have children. We really loved it. This year we are staying at a place called Jabeki, last year we also stayed at a house called Barrels which was amazing. We booked all these places through Bali Retreats in Aus. Have a great time.

Reply to: Acacia Bungalows / Uluwatu accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted