We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any reviews or suggestion on using a tour guide tour?

United States
Level Contributor
81 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Any reviews or suggestion on using a tour guide tour?

I am debating between using a private driver or using a guide tour. The price seems the same. About $40-$50 day.

Is there any sugesstion? Pro/con of each?

I saw the website for tour guide www.balitobali.com/bali-half-day-tour.html not sure if anyone used them before and have any comments?

maryborough
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any reviews or suggestion on using a tour guide tour?

hi, check out BALI BAGUS TOURS..Suta is fantastic.

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
51 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any reviews or suggestion on using a tour guide tour?

I think private driver is fine as long as is local people. Most of Balinese driver were familiar with most of the place in Bali

The only advantage if you take guide is only for the object explanation of the tourism destination you visit

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any reviews or suggestion on using a tour guide tour?

Hi Clover,

If you are not travelling solo, then you have to calculate that the cost is per person per day for a guided tour, while private driver is for the seat capacity of the car.

Another plus point with private driver compare to a Seat In Coach (SIC) Tour is you can adjust the timing yourself, spend longer to cool down or taking photos or skip something which is not interested for you.

SIC tour is great to meet other people and got a better knowledge about the objects you are visiting.

Hope this helps,

Sandra

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
7,180 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any reviews or suggestion on using a tour guide tour?

Many of the private drivers are also guides. Our driver enters places with us to show us around.

Jindabyne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any reviews or suggestion on using a tour guide tour?

We returned just last week and had a great time partly in thanks to our driver. I went over wanting to know we had someone we could trust(we also had 2 children) . Drivers are everywhere but in the back of my mind I was worried we would get some dodgy guy. Wayan came recomended through a good friend and he was perfect.

We had done some research ourselves as to what we wanted to see and some days we just gave a general idea of what we wanted to do such as head south to Bukit Peninsula and go to Ulu Watu and Jimbaren. Wayan did this but then also did so much more and he took us to the beautiful cultural park which we would never had known about.

He will add to what you want to do or you can be specific or as vague as you like and he will adapt and give you a great day!

He has a comfortable car, good english and he can read you in that if you want to talk and get local insight he will give it (as he did to us) or he will leave you be.

We also felt we could trust him with anything and he helped us tremendously.

His details as Wayan Sutarto 081 586 50801, sutartoiwayan@yahoo.co.id or through Facebook. He will go above and beyond and having worked abroad in tourism he has a great understanding of what people want.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Any reviews or suggestion on using a tour guide tour?

How much did Wayan Sutarto charge? He sounds very good.

7. Re: Any reviews or suggestion on using a tour guide tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, December 17, 2013