We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A trip to Uluwatu

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
714 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
A trip to Uluwatu

Hello great folks,

I just want to see uluwatu, firedance, sunset and walk along the cliff to see the beauty and have a seafood dinner after.

I should hire a car, but i dont want to do the whole tour of other places. So how much would it cost based on my itenary above?

Also, is there something nearby or worth travelling to which is a must visit?

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,486 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A trip to Uluwatu

Where are you staying ClauJ? The Kecak fire dance starts at 6pm. You should arrive at Uluwatu around 5pm, have a look around and get a seat for the dance. I think it goes for around an hour. I assume you are talking about seafood at Jimbaran?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
714 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A trip to Uluwatu

Staying in Sanur Fame!

Which would be better for an awesome scenery, sunset n dinner...uluwatu or tanah lot?

And how would payments be like on an average to hire a car to just go to one place?

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,486 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A trip to Uluwatu

The fire dance at Uluwatu is spectacular, up on the cliff with the ocean a backdrop.

Tanah Lot is great for sunset (if not cloudy) but so much traffic to get back to Sanur. You will spend a lot of time in the car unless you want to stop for seafood at Echo Beach House on the way back.

If you chose Uluwatu, you could get a driver to pick you up around 4.20pm, take you to Uluwatu then to Jimbaran and then back to Sanur. Allow yourself 2 hours at Jimbaran. Aprox time all up 5.5 - 6 hrs at aprox Rp 50,000 per hour allow Rp 300,000.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
714 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A trip to Uluwatu

Seafood at Jimbaran? But everyone says its a ripoff...

Still worth to go there?

Yes i am leaning towards Uluwatu..the cliffs n the sea look unreal!

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,486 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A trip to Uluwatu

Oh for sure I think Jimbaran is a rip off. But it still does have an element about it that you should go at least once. You go there, not for the food but for the atmosphere. You are from Singa, your seafood is much better there.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A trip to Uluwatu

Very good advice by fame in post 3. Your driver will find you at the end of the performance which means you'll be quickly on your way back to Jimbaran. Hold on to ant loose articles such as sunglasses - those monkeys are very cheeky.

Not everyone says the Jimbaran seafood restaurants are a ripoff. We had excellent and very cheap meals there. Book a table at Menega as it is very popular and you might have to wait if not. We had 2 excellent meals there over a week ago - the cheapest one was when we just had a red snapper weighing 1.1kgs ( and no it didn't shrink by the time it got to the table!), some king prawns and 2 large Bintangs only IDR220,000. Incredibly cheap - most of the diners were Asian - mainly Malaysians/ Singaporeans (English speaking) and Indonesians.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A trip to Uluwatu

I know seafood is great in Singapore but i think it's a lot more expensive than at Jimbaran. Our meal was the equivalent of SG$28 - is there anywhere in Singapore you could get a seafood meal for that? I know the East Coast Seafood centre is definitely more expensive but we always have a chilli or black pepper crab so that bumps the price up a lot.

We only had one evening meal out this time and that was at Lau Pa Sat - a lot more than SG$28 - can't remember how much as you pay for the beer, satay, dishes separately. Delicious food though and still not expensive.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
714 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A trip to Uluwatu

Ha ha thanks people. Yes 20 odd dollars is cheap compared to sg prices. But then again we need to compare apples with apples. jimbaran is prob costly compared to other parts of bali.

Perhaps will try menega for the experience. Lots of people have said good stuff about it.

You can get seafood in sg for 20 if you catch n cook it yourself..haaa

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A trip to Uluwatu

Maybe don't do the seafood on the beach option at Jimbaran - I would recommend Balique - on Jalan Uluwatu just opposite the Hotel Intercontinetal, on the Kuta side of the hotel.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A trip to Uluwatu

Balique - is lovely - I just love the quirky furniture. It might be a good option for a quick stop on the way down to Uluwatu in the late afternoon. I still think that for a Balinese experience seafood on the beach is not to be missed. Balique has an international menu - it may have some indonesian dishes though.