We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Sugar Beach or Bahia del Sol?

USA
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Sugar Beach or Bahia del Sol?

my husband and I have 3 nites in Potrero. Love the Sugar Beach wildness but Bahia del Sol looks very nice. I've heard its a little hard to get to Sugar Beach and we won't have a car. Anyone help me?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,269 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Sugar Beach or Bahia del Sol?

eally is not that hard now days to get to Sugar beach...just get a taxi from La Penca or Potrero

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Sugar Beach or Bahia del Sol?

both places have easy access , i prefer Bahia del Sol

Central Penna
Level Contributor
155 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Sugar Beach or Bahia del Sol?

I suggest you really look over the reviews for each place. Bahia Del sol has very expensive resturant and was not particularly clean when we stayed there.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
733 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Sugar Beach or Bahia del Sol?

Both are good choices. I like the beach at Sugar Beach more. Bahia del Sol is closer to Flamingo for many more restaurant and activity options, whereas Sugar Beach is more secluded (and pretty close to Lola's Norte)

port perry
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Sugar Beach or Bahia del Sol?

We were also choosing between these two hotels. And chose Bahia Del Sol, as the reviews on this site say we can walk to restaurants. We also do not have a car.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Sugar Beach or Bahia del Sol?

There is a good restaurant right across the street from the Bahia called El Cocoanut. If you are looking for something a bit more rustic there is a restaurant right on the beach a short distance to your left as you enter the beach from the road beside the Bahia. the word Azul is in the name. It is just past the concrete pier.. We had a very good, very inexpensive meal. Really enjoyed the Arroz con Pollo. Love hot french fries.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Sugar Beach or Bahia del Sol?

I've stayed at Hotel Sugar Beach twice and can't say enough good things about it! The rooms are beautiful, the newest ones are to the right of reception overlooking the pool. The food and restaurant on site are great and they have a lot of things you can borrow like boogie boards, surf boards, etc. The road was being worked on last time I was there so I know it's gotten much better!

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Sugar Beach or Bahia del Sol?

Both hotels are nice , the beach is nicer at Sugar Beach than Bahia.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Sugar Beach or Bahia del Sol?

If you want seclusion I'd go to Hotel Sugar Beach, if you want accessibility I'd go to Bahia. It's not that Bahia is in a busy area, but it is closer to other restaurants and activities.

10. Re: Hotel Sugar Beach or Bahia del Sol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, July 29, 2014