We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how is the flood situation?

singapore
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
how is the flood situation?

I will be going to Chengmai for work this coming Sat. 16th Oct.. Heard that the situation there is very bad.. death involved right?

Is it really safe for me to travel there? is it ok for me to travel from the airport to the Chengmai county? Can anyone give me some update. Seem like there is not much updates online about chengmai but the whole of Hainan seem to be bad still.

Thank you.

Haikou, China
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how is the flood situation?

Hey, the situation has been improving, don’t worry.

For your info, the flood hit Wenchang, Qionghai and Wanning very badly, however, in Chengmai, not so serious, some rice field had been destroyed. By now, the flood was subsided completely, please don’t believe the rumor from the scaremonger.

I think it safe to travel to Hainan, you can take a taxi from airport to Chengmai, but the fare is high; if you don’t, then take the shuttle bus to Min Hang hotel and go to west station bu bus or taxi and then take the long distance bus to Chengmai.

2. Re: how is the flood situation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 12, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Chengmai County