We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chian Mai in April - trekking

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Chian Mai in April - trekking

Hi,

I will be in Thailand at the end of April and would love to do some trekking/cycling in the Chiang Mai area.

April is a hot month ...is it a good idea to trek during this time? Is the landscape still lush and green at this time?

Also, I am travelling on my own...will I struggle to find good priced guides for the treks? Do I need a uide at all or tracks are easy to find?

Many thanks for your help

Hike

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chian Mai in April - trekking

It will reach 40C with very high humidity in some place and most places will be in the very high 30Cs. Consider the dehydration/exhausion effect!

Edited: 4:20 am, March 07, 2011
Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,290 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Chian Mai in April - trekking

As bbtony mentioned .... hot AND humid. Cycling is a bit more tolerable than trekking, because you generate your own breeze, but both are tiring due to temperatures. About the only cycling I do during April is very early morning short rides or seeing how wet I can get during Song Kran.

The landscapes are still fairly brown from the dry season, though some trees have started leafing out again.

3. Re: Chian Mai in April - trekking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 18, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Chiang Mai Province