We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patnem Accommodation

Which Patnem hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Patnem Accommodation

Hi Will be in Patnem in Mid April and wondered if anyone can recommend anywhere? Never been to Patnem before but am hoping it is how Palolem used to be ten years ago. Thanks x

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patnem Accommodation

Patnem is fairly quiet just now and will be even quieter in April. There are plenty of places to stay there and you will be fin just to turn up and take your pick. Mid-April is quite late on and as Patnem is not a package holiday resort, some of the beach huts might be winding down then (2 years ago, it was wonderfully quiet there at Easter!).

Places I particularly like are Home is Patnem (website address) and Goa Papayas. April 20th is also really nice (and has a great restaurant with the best cocktails), but I don't think they have a website. Cafe FIesta also have nice solid huts (and delicious wood fired pizzas). Plenty of other places there too to choose from.

If you want really quiet, see if Laguna Vista Colomb (look them up on facebook) have any of their huts available, beautiful location. The Boom Shankar Colomb has fairly basic stone built rooms overlooking the sea with the most stunning views. The also do the most fab strawberry daquiri ever....

I am just going to re-post a recent Patnem report in the Patnem forum as I think I rather stupidly posted it in the general Goa forum

england
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patnem Accommodation

Thank you so much for your reply, I have been in touch with Papayas and have also contacted Goyan Goyan-Do you know anything about GG? I have read its expensive but at the quieter end of the beach.....however, if things are winding down then, i presume it will all be fairly quiet which is what we are after!

Cant wait to read your post and thanks again.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patnem Accommodation

Goyyam is no more - it is now called April 20th (bizarre name, apparently their wedding anniversary!). They certainly didn't have a website up and running at Christmas. If Goyyam website is still out there in the ether, you could try the phone numbers and see if any are still in use by the new management.

Patnem doesn't really have a quiet end - it's a fairly short beach and its USP is that it's all so quiet and gentle! You won't hear any loud music nor any evening entertainment on offer, just moonlight ,gentle candlelight and a bit of background jazz or chill. No beach sellers either. If you want a bit more evening life, take off to Palolem where you'll always find a bit of party happening ,,,

Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patnem Accommodation

The secret garden is our recommendation. It's a lovely little place just opposite Mamoos- on the small road the leads to the beach. It's run by a lady called Tracy and her partner Nasir. We stayed there 10 days and were made to feel very welcome! The rooms are simple but clean and well I maintained. I reccomend Nasirs home made lamb rogan Josh it's is exquisite! Alex and Em

Sanquelim, Goa...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Patnem Accommodation

Bridge and tunnel Patnem is nice place with Sea view cottages..even bridge and tunnel Palolem is good place. contact +919823123213.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
428 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Patnem Accommodation

Patnem will be quiet mid April. It was pretty quiet last week. Nice. Have a look at this blog for some 'different' accommodation options other than the obvious beach places...

http://goabuddyholidayhomes.blogspot.in/

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Patnem Accommodation

Great link, some nice places for my next visit.

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
320 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Patnem Accommodation

As the other posters have pointed out Patnem will be winding down by mid April but still lovely. If you want to stay on the beach I would recommend April 20 - really nice beach huts and an outstanding restaurant. Salida del Sol next door is also fantastic and our shack of choice for the daytime every year - very laid back, great chill out lounges. Patnem is a very quiet beach compared to Palolem and these two places are at the quieter end of Patnem. The central section is busier, but even that is low key really. Its just that the places in the middle - Tantra, Namaste etc tend to be very popular with local ex pats and are near the end of the beach access road so tend to stay busier later at night. If you are willing to go back one road then there are some great studio apartments right at the centre of the village opposite the Seaview Hotel. Lemon coloured building. Much nicer than beach huts but not on the beach.... You will have no trouble getting accommodation on a walk in at this time of the year.

9. Re: Patnem Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Patnem