We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot springs Heilbad??

Which Bad Sankt Leonhard im Lavanttal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nevada City...
2 posts
Save Topic
Hot springs Heilbad??

I would like to know why this town is named Bad Sankt Leonhard .

Does it have hot springs and do they date from Roman times? Can anyone give more information on the history of this place?

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot springs Heilbad??

many health resort areas in Austria - this just one and not really close to Vienna.

To my knowledge it does not have hot springs but rather healing waters - baths or bad .

Austrian health care system allows some visits to such cure centers and this fits this criteria - progrma for various illness problems - hotel centers with medical staff provide various service.

for history I would check the town website.

Much closer to Vienna, a nice town and some culture offerings too with hot springs in use from roman times is Baden

www.baden.at

Nevada City...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot springs Heilbad??

Thank you for your post. There is not too much info on the history or hot springs of Bad Sankt Leonhard on their website. I have one more question you might be able to help with. I am looking for a mountain town close to the Italian border with beautiful architecture and possibly a view of the Dolomites but the town must be in Austria not Italy.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot springs Heilbad??

As mentioned before - I do not believr Bad Leonhard has natural hot springs like some other places-

Therapy with heated water or mud possible I think.

Regarding a town with beautiful architecture and italian views - none come to mind -

some nice valley towns but lack the view - one tiny village " off the beaten track" but nice old stlyle farm village with great hiking possibilities and fine views to Zillertal alps and into Italy

Obernberg

this just off the brenner pass roadway toward Italy south of Innsbruck.

Reply to: Hot springs Heilbad??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bad Sankt Leonhard im...