We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lavender fields in Sault on Aug 19

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
226 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Lavender fields in Sault on Aug 19

We are planning to to a day trip from Geneva to Sault on Aug 19th. Unfortunately we cant make it earlier and I hear the Sault Lavender festival is on 15th. Does this mean all the lavender would be out of the fields by then or would we still get to see some? Our purpose of the trip is to see the lavendar fields.

9 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,748 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lavender fields in Sault on Aug 19

There likely will be no lavender left by August 19th. It typically is all harvested by early August.

Boston...
Level Contributor
256 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lavender fields in Sault on Aug 19

Is this festival worth visiting?

St. Saturnin d'Apt...
Level Contributor
152 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lavender fields in Sault on Aug 19

The festival is well worth visiting and I am quite sure there will still be some lavander fields not yet harvested -lots will be, but given the late nature of things this year, you'll still get some good viewing in, if you know where to go.

- Kevin

Boston...
Level Contributor
256 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lavender fields in Sault on Aug 19

Thank you! i will make sure to add this festival to our plan... Do i need to buy tickets or it's just something that's free in the city? The website keeps turning back to French...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
226 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lavender fields in Sault on Aug 19

Thanks Kevin, per my original question, we only have the day of aug 19 to visit and we will be driving down fm Geneva in switzerland. Would you be able to point us to a route/village/town we can go to see some? or a website that will reveal information on the last fields to harvest? appreciate thehelp

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lavender fields in Sault on Aug 19

The lavender is not grown as a tourist attraction: it is a commercial crop grown to harvest lavender oil. Each farm makes its own decision about when to harvest.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
226 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lavender fields in Sault on Aug 19

We understand that it would be a chance thing. We were still hopeful to see some lavendar on aug 19 and were hoping for guidance on the best route possibilities. I hv read elsewhere that while some towns harvest it in july sault harvests in aug. The only doubt was is the festivals purpose to celebrate the harvest and if so would there be some left after the fest given the late nature of things this yr, as Kevin pointed out. So any guidance on possible routes we could take? And would the festival mean end of harvest? Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
226 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lavender fields in Sault on Aug 19

We understand that it would be a chance thing. We were still hopeful to see some lavendar on aug 19 and were hoping for guidance on the best route possibilities. I hv read elsewhere that while some towns harvest it in july sault harvests in aug. The only doubt was is the festivals purpose to celebrate the harvest and if so would there be some left after the fest given the late nature of things this yr, as Kevin pointed out. So any guidance on possible routes we could take? And would the festival mean end of harvest? Thanks

9. Re: Lavender fields in Sault on Aug 19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:33 am, June 22, 2014

Reply to: Lavender fields in Sault on Aug 19
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sault