We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sikao

Sikao
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sikao

Im currently staying in Sikao, Thailand and was wondering if anybody knows of a new years eve party or any kind of nightlife nearby, am prepared to travel a fair distance on land if something worth travelling for.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,468 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sikao

I've been to Trang Province several times, but I'm afraid I don't even know where Sikao is. Is it nice there?

There's most likely going to be a New Year's street party in Trang City. The Thais do celebrate New Year with a countdown and fireworks. Probably even Sikao will have some sort of celebration since Thais love a party. Why don't you ask your hotel or guest house?

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,468 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sikao

Are you at the Anantara Si Kao Resort? Aren't they planning anything for New Year?

Sikao
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sikao

Thanks for your replies,

I am staying at the Anantara Si Kao resort and was told about a nightclub in Trang; I also found out that there is something going on here on New Years but I haven't been able to find out many details and I'm not sure how long it will go on. I will probably play it by ear and maybe go into Trang to have a look.

Thanks very much for your help.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,468 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sikao

I found the following online:

Trang Countdown 2010

Updated by Admin on Mon , November 30 2009 : 12:30:58 PM

Category : Where to countdown

When : December 31, 2009 - January 1, 2010

All day

Where : Visedkul Road, Trang Municipality

What : - Showing Thai culture

- Showing Music

- Showing ancient Thai Dancing

- Selling food

- Competing vary activities

amazingcountdown.com/2010/98-3-1-Trang-Count…

This will be around the city hall and the night market. Here's a map of Trang City: maps-guide.org/thailand/…city-centre-map.htm

5. Re: Sikao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 26, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Sikao
Recent Conversations