We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcudia -Supermarket sunday opening hours

Alanya, Antalya...
4 posts
Save Topic
Alcudia -Supermarket sunday opening hours

Does anyone know of a supermarket that opens on a sunday - mercadona is closed?

Stewart

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,690 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcudia -Supermarket sunday opening hours

That's thrown me a bit, I always thought that Eroski opened all day on a Sunday like a normal day. You've caused doubt in my mind now with the news of Mercadona being closed.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
857 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcudia -Supermarket sunday opening hours

You might find the Spar shops open.

From living on mainland Spain, we found that the big stores opened on Sundays during the holiday season but closed once the season was winding down, very frustrating for us as residents, especially being used to Sunday opening hours in the UK.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcudia -Supermarket sunday opening hours

Hi

All i can tell you is that during holiday season the supermarkets do stay open until 11 p.m. or thereabouts on a Sunday.

J

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,804 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcudia -Supermarket sunday opening hours

Not ALL supermarkets are open on a Sunday - as I found to my disappointment

The Eroski on the outskirts of Sa Pobla does NOT open on a Sunday ...whilst the smaller version in the center of town was (luckily ) open

I think this may all depend on local demand

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcudia -Supermarket sunday opening hours

Sorry i should've made it clear that i was talking about the Colber supermarket on the main strip. Its the one that stays open late on a Sunday, along with the Spar shops.

J

6. Re: Alcudia -Supermarket sunday opening hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 07, 2013