We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of beach towels?

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
864 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of beach towels?

We're coming out to Condesa de Alcudia in a couple of weeks, and I know they don't provide towels for beach or pool use.

To save on baggage weight I wondered if anyone could give me any idea of how much a beach towel is likely to cost in resort please?

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cost of beach towels?

It does make you wonder why people continue to use them. I've only ever used them once, and through choice I'll not use them again, unless they are the only airline going to my destination on my dates etc etc

I just prefer a little more civility to the flight experience, and am prepared to pay a few quid more for that.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cost of beach towels?

Mark ...

I ask my self that question every time I book with them!!

...but then when I compare the prices and the pleasant thought of using Bournemouth instead of Gatwick , Luton or even worse Stansted then I find myself being prepared to jump through the hoops

If you study the rules carefully and comply 100% they are not much different to other low cost airlines......the people who have trouble are the ones who do not read the rules or think they can get away with breaking them

I agree the staff can SOMETIMES be a bit unfriendly and the Ryanair adverts and selling is definitely irritating ...... I can put up with that for 2 hours ...anything more it's BA for me

I could have used my Avios points from Heathrow but could not face 5+ hours via Madrid!!!

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cost of beach towels?

I was wondering, being from Maidenhead, whether you was using Stansted or Bournemouth.

I'll have to check out the price difference between B'Mouth and LGW in future. I don't mind saving a few quid but not worried about a tenner if you see what I mean.

And the cost of beach towels remains the same... ;-)

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cost of beach towels?

Mark .....LOL ....God forbid Mr Ryan ever gets involved in beach towels !!

I like to use Bournemouth whenever I can - slightly longer journey than Gatwick or Luton but MUCH nearer than the dreadful Stansted

In terms of time BOH is a little more than Gatwick or Luton but makes up for it in terms of ease of travel --- No M25 to worry about and very quick processing once you are there (less flights per hour etc ) AND the car park (same or less cost than Gatwick) is only 3 mins walk from the terminal

Have not been through since the new terminal has been completed ( the old one was a little reminisant of WW2 nissan huts) but friends tell me it is wonderful

See here: http://www.bournemouthairport.com/bohweb.nsf

Edited: 9:27 am, September 13, 2012
Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cost of beach towels?

Yeah I've been observing the progress of the building work at BOH, seems finished now, went past it last Saturday actually.

Small world, also went past Maidenhead en route to High Wycombe this Tuesday lol

Yes I'll keep an eye out and cross check prices in future Mike, thanks for the tip :-)

Edited: 4:57 pm, September 13, 2012
MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cost of beach towels?

...a pleasure ...as a DE I am happy to pass on anything I learn or experience

After we return I will let you know how well it all works

We are also planning to have a meal there before we fly - hence managing to avoid Mr Ryan's crap overpriced nonsense

Cheers

Mike

17. Re: Cost of beach towels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 26, 2013