We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, which area to stay in Alcudia

Leeds
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help, which area to stay in Alcudia

Planning a family holiday for next month and we are fancying staying in Alcudia (previously stayed in Palma nova, magaluf and cala dor).

Would like a 4 star all inclusive hotel, clean, nice food close to beach. Having never stayed here before I get the impression from what I've read that it's a larger resort with different areas. Any recommendations about which bits are the nicest would be greatly appreciated and also whether you can walk easily from one area to another - thanks!

manchester england
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, which area to stay in Alcudia

good all inclusive hotels are the iberostar hotels, the ciudad blanca being closest to the port and strip, the other iberostar hotels are in playa de moro not to far from alcudia and right on a great stretch of beach, also take a look at the condesa de la bahia also beach front and a good all inclusive hotel, buses are frequent if you want to go to the old town or port pollenca.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, which area to stay in Alcudia

Playa de Muro has the best all inclusive hotels, I think if your going all inclusive, you don't need to be near the port and playa de Muro has the best stretch of beach with many of the hotels right on it.

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, which area to stay in Alcudia

I would fully endorse the previous two posters - keep away from the strip area - the Playa de Muro end is far nicer. If you want the nightclubs, bars, restaurants etc they are not too far to take a stroll in the evening. Hotels and beach in Playa de Muro far nicer, though I do recommend a night in the old town of Alcudia which is at the opposite end of the resort.

Edited: 7:42 am, June 17, 2012
Leeds
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help, which area to stay in Alcudia

Thanks for all your responses. We are travelling with our 13 year old daughter so not bothered about nightclubs. I thought playa de muro was outside Alcudia, how long would it take to walk to the port and the old town from there?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help, which area to stay in Alcudia

Playa de muro is part of alcudia bay, it is about 3 miles to the port and buses run frequently, a cab would cost about 7 euros, as said the better all inclusive hotels can be found here and the beach is amazing.

hartlepool
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help, which area to stay in Alcudia

would recomend staying at the port end of alcudia plus there are many hotels to choose from been 4 times ourself the beach is fantastic !

Leeds
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help, which area to stay in Alcudia

Don't really want to be so far away from Alcudia so will try searching for hotels around the port, presume the old town is only a short walk away then?

So difficult to orientate yourself when you've never been to a place before. Will google a map of Alcudia I think that will help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help, which area to stay in Alcudia

If you go on the port d' alcudia forum, you will get plenty of info about hotels around the port, goodluck.

Leeds
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help, which area to stay in Alcudia

Ah righteo, thanks for the tip. Already seen a nice hotel called Alcudiamar Botel, right on the beach. Am I right in thinking if we base ourselves around the port? Marina? Harbour? (whatever it's called) we are pretty central and walking distance to the old town and 'the strip'? Would like to see playa de muro but can get bus there.

Thanks so much for your responses! I'm loving this!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help, which area to stay in Alcudia

The old town is about a mile inland, think you would need a bus where ever you were staying. The port/harbour obviously apart from lots of boats has some nice restaurants, hotels and shops, just south of this is the strip area which has grown quite big over the years with hotels, apartments, restaurants, bars and burger kings etc. Further south to this along the coast it turns into playa de muro, it's more low key here with nice hotels and a scattering of restaurants and bars as most of the hotels are all inclusive and less people venture out