We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

condes de alcudia

1 post
Save Topic
condes de alcudia

We have just booked 10 nights in the condes de alcudia, it is our first time abroard with the two little ones (18 months and 5) and we are starting to worry having read the reviews about all of the break ins and not feeling secure from vistors last year ( wish we had noticed these before booking)

Previously we have gone to Palma Nova (pre children) and are beginning to panic if we have made the right choice. We are looking for reassurance from anyone who has stayed here or knows the area that we have done

Many thanks

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: condes de alcudia

i stayed at the hotel in oct 2009 on a late deal a/i and very cheap. thouht the food and drink was good (only small plastic cups though but its free and no queues).

just had a look at the reviews regarding break ins and it sounds like it was a inside job to me. their doesnt appear to of been any break ins for about a year so hopefully its all sorted now.

if you are really worried it may be worth changing your hotel, but if you decide to stay at the condes make sure you hire a safe.

regards tracey

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: condes de alcudia

I have stayed at the condes twice now and I am going back this year as well. I have never had any concerns whatsoever about the safety in this hotel. Take the usual precautions, get a safe, don't leave anything lying around that is valuable etc and just ENJOY! x

Bristol, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: condes de alcudia

Hi,

Can I ask who you booked your holiday with?

My husband and I wanted to book this hotel for our family holiday in August with our 2 daughters who will be aged 18 months and 3 years at the time of the holiday, but were told by Thomas Cook that the room capacity would not allow for 2 adults, a child with a bed AND a cot for the youngest.

We were really disappointed and are yet to find another hotel we like the look of as much as I've stayed in this hotel before (pre kids) and it was perfect!

Thanks

Essex
Level Contributor
76 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: condes de alcudia

you can book that hotel for your family on travelrepublic

Bristol, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: condes de alcudia

It's just confusing because all the websites seem to let me make the booking, even Thomas Cooks website would let me book that hotel.

It's only when we were in one of their shops and I asked about this hotel when they didn't mention it, then we were told they wouldn't be able to accomodate the double bed, child's bed AND a cot. They could do either or. I said that their own website would have allowed me to make to booking and I was told that they would have just cancelled the booking at some stage. She said she could phone to hotel directly to double check but seemed reluctant to actually do that which is why I wondered whether she was just trying to sell me one of the pricier options!

I've emailed the hotel directly but not heard a thing from them.

6. Re: condes de alcudia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 12, 2014