We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Jupiter

Hull
2 posts
Save Topic
Club Jupiter

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has stayed at club jupiter in Alcudia and have been all inclusive and purchased your holiday through first choice and found it to be horrible. If so did any of you report it to first choice on how bad it was. It is just I have read loads of reports on how bad it is. Thanks for taking the time to read my message and any information would be great thanks. Annemarie

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Jupiter

What is the purpose of your post? If you have been you know,if you are going you might be apprehensive. But you are asking negative questions about the clubmac and the tour operator and I,for one,doubt your motives.

alcudia
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Jupiter

sounds a bit funny too me too

Hull
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Jupiter

I havent been but I have booked a holiday to go there at the end of august this year but after reading the reports on here about it I am having doubts and I have been back to first choice who I have booked it through and asked them about it and they have said they have had no reports about it and I was thinking that if everyone that I have read about had a bad time there and getting d&v surely someone must have reported it back to their travel agent.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Jupiter

Thanx for the explanation.You deserve a decent reply.2008 was a bad bad year for some guests of Saturno/Marte/Jupiter Hotels known as clubmac.The norovirus was rampant.You will have seen many reviews of the hotels on TA with horrendous reports of D&V in and around the pool and it has to be said some favourable reviews from TA members who were unaffected.Some poor unfortunates ended up in hospital.

About 4 years ago clubmac was featured on ITV Holidays from Hell.Ice creams carried infections,pool water was contaminated,and there was food left lying around uneaten and discarded and soiled disposable nappies in waste bins.

Now in the main these serious flaws are/were not all down to the hotels.The behaviour/hygiene of many guests would be a major contributor and once it takes hold the only real way of ridding the complex of norovirus is to close and do a full deep-clean.

Last year First Choice and Cosmos should have pulled out but they pretended there were no problems.In contrast Thomson (who now own First Choice) had an hotel in Benidorm with similar problems closed and fumigated.Their customers with future bookings were re-positioned.That is what we all have a right to expect of our tour operator.But of course it is all hassle for the tour operator.Thanks to the honest reports on TripAdvisor sham claims of "No problems" are soon disproved.

When full the complex houses nearly 2,500 guests.That's a lot of people thrown together.By All Inclusive standards it's cheap but think about it-is it cheap for a reason? And it's not All Inclusive .What you get is not what it says on the tin.Pay to hire a fridge/TV remote control/boats on the lake after 12 noon/safe.

This season I hope they have a better time of it than last year.Personally I wouldn't stay there if it was free.There are much much better AI hotels in Alcudia even if you do have to pay more for them.Who wants to risk their main holiday of the year being ruined by sickness or the selfish behaviour of other guests? Not me.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Jupiter

We stayed here a good few years ago and yes, it's the worst hotel we have every stayed in. Absolutely disgusting and members of my family did get ill. We did complain and we did get some compensation.

England
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Jupiter

hi everyone, i have just came back from club jupiter yesterday, booking only two days before we went, i read the reviews and was dreading going but it was all booked so decided to go with an open mind, there was me my friend and our two children age 4, we all had a fantastic week entetainment was great weather was hot, the alinclusive drinks were fab and the food catered for everyone, meat was cooked to perfection, none of us had an upset stomach or sickness of any kind, the only problem i have is how im going to shift the 7lbs i put on while stuffin my face lol, i wouldnt go there again, but that is because i like to try somewhere different every year, this was just a cheap last minute booking with a friend rather then the family, i wouldnt recommend going there if you donty have kids because there is an awful lot of them running around and entertainment is based alot around kids, (to which some parents didnt seem to care what there kids were up too) hope you enjoy yourself x

glasgow
Level Contributor
261 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Jupiter

its a zoo,trust me..iam not fussy,but this place tested me..far too many people in the one place,,loads of food scattered over the place..dont get me wrong my two kids loved it aged 9 and 11 at the time,but for us it was madness...if you can another hotel,take it,,lagomonte is good

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Jupiter

Hiannemarie we have just come back from club mac and dont believe what you read we had a fantastic time and would definatly go back if you want any information email me

Durham
Level Contributor
998 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Jupiter

I have also just came back and had a brilliant time, so much so I am currently pricing up again for next year.

The bad reports are not from this season from what I can see.

10. Re: Club Jupiter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:40 am, December 06, 2009