We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Playa Mujeres questions?? First timer here..:

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Excellence Playa Mujeres questions?? First timer here..:

We were all set to book excellence punta cana but we have had a change of heart and are leaning toward the Playa mujeres now. We want an ocean view so were thinking the excellence club junior swim up suite with oceanview, but we we want to be sure we can actually see the ocean.

We don't really care about fancy food, just want a chill place to relax for a week.

Can you all please give me your thoughts, short or long, on EPM?

Thanks!!

Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres questions?? First timer here..:

Also, it appears for the dates we want, the only excellence club room we can get is the junior swim up suite with oceanview, which would the best building to actually get an oceanview. I don't want to have to look through 100 things to see the ocean, I'd love for it to be as close as possible.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres questions?? First timer here..:

Hi Lance

As you can see from the number of great reviews that EPM gets they must be doing something right

We are just coming to the end of our 8th trip here and have already booked for next year. If you check out one of my reviews of the property from last year you will find links to large photo albums which should give you a good feel for the property

For the best ocean view you really need an upper floor room in either #8b, #8a or #7b

With the swim up rooms being ground floor you will not get a good ocean view from many of them. The best would be from those in #8a closest to the ocean but they do have a lot of foot traffic opposite them

Edited: 6:20 pm, July 03, 2014
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres questions?? First timer here..:

Just in case you have not seen it see link to resort map below

excellence-resorts.com/caribbean-and-mexico-…

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres questions?? First timer here..:

Don't get a swim up. Get a jr. Suite but it needs to be in the 2nd or 3rd floor and request 8b. My favorite. Try other vendors to find an EC JR SUITE. Just because your site or TA can't book it doesn't mean it isn't out there.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres questions?? First timer here..:

Lance... Sorry it too long to reply... Try reservations2@grupoexcellence.com for your room request and upgrade...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres questions?? First timer here..:

Did you get my PM...? I was having trouble sending last night...

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres questions?? First timer here..:

Hi Lance,

Sent you a PM as well, but to hop on here and give my experience. Been four times, all EC. 2 times we were in a swimup in building 9 and 2 times we were in an upper floor in 8B. I personally prefer the nice view of the ocean and Isla Mujeres in the distance, watching the boats go back and forth, overlooking the building 8 pool, hotel zone in distance off to the right, than being on the ground floor and not having that view. Swim-ups do have their perks and it was nice having your 'own' loungers outside your patio, and your concierge will make them up for you every morning and you will get drink service right to your loungers outside your room... it was nice to be able to go back & forth into the room and get things, use the restroom, etc...

It's really a matter of preference. Do you want the view or do you want the convenience of what I mentioned above?

But for building choice, 8B is definitely our favorite.

Edited: 9:12 am, July 09, 2014
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres questions?? First timer here..:

We absolutely loved the EPM and did not upgrade to the Excellence Club.

If you want an ocean view, opt for a higher floor.

Swim up rooms do not have privacy, as people are walking in front of your room.

The best views are always higher up.

You will love this property. It is the loveliest we have visited and we are very well-travelled.

9. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres questions?? First timer here..:

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 30, 2015