We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction noise at EPM and how it's affecting you

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ontario, California
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Construction noise at EPM and how it's affecting you

Who's there right now? How, what is the noise level? When is it most likely to be disturbing? Has it affected your holiday in any way yet? Do you expect that you will be changing your plans because of the construction noise?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,900 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction noise at EPM and how it's affecting you

Hi

You may want to check out this Live From thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1229340-i12413-…

We are booked to go in June and have no plans to cancel at this stage

Ontario, California
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction noise at EPM and how it's affecting you

Yes, the point of this particular post was to let the poster carry on with his experiences.

I've begun a new thread that will, with luck, not get deleted. I'm not trying to be "smart", but I'm really quite tired of threads constantly going off topic.

And we're also going soon .... our 7th time. And no plan to change our arrangements.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,900 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction noise at EPM and how it's affecting you

Sorry

I have just read your post in the other thread I posted the link to

I agree that it is a good idea to try and keep the comments about the construction noise away from the live from threads as it does pull them off course

4. Re: Construction noise at EPM and how it's affecting you

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, April 23, 2014
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction noise at EPM and how it's affecting you

Champagne, who has suggested they are? Gidget has even set up a thread where they can specifically be discussed in one place rather than in a bunch of individual threads - surely much easier to make the information available that way? other threads can then stay on their original topic.

Gidget, not there yet but we will be in 3 /12 weeks or so. No plans to change reservations, but we will be requesting a room in one of the 8s away from the construction

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction noise at EPM and how it's affecting you

We are sat at the pool by block 9 near the main pool. At the time of typing this, there is no pile driving but I can hear some trucks moving around. It is minor and when they start playing music later, won't hear it. So far it has not been an issue to us and I am glad that we stuck with EPM. All I was trying to say in my other post on Todd's thread was that it is people here that can tell you what it's like, everything else is just speculation. Yes some people have a higher tolerance level but the noise is so minor that I don't know why anyone would complain unless maybe in block 9 right next to it. Guess that building blocks most of it. What noise there is is very sporadic and believe me the main pool can be noisier.

7. Re: Construction noise at EPM and how it's affecting you

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

8. Re: Construction noise at EPM and how it's affecting you

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Construction noise at EPM and how it's affecting you

No Harriet _ i think simplehedgehog nailed it...why inundate and derail every other thread? This one can be dedicated to people who are actually there to report good information.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,900 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Construction noise at EPM and how it's affecting you

Harriet

I do not think the OP is trying to protect EPM at all but rather to try and keep all the construction posts in one place