We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM - How strict is dress code during spring break?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary
Level Contributor
303 posts
275 reviews
Save Topic
EPM - How strict is dress code during spring break?

We are looking at booking a trip end of March early April and I noticed there are no Buffets for dinner. This is fine but my husband hates wearing long pants and closed toed shoes for dinner due to his size (6 f, 4in, 205lbs) so we were wondering how strict the dress code is. Typically we dress up one of the nights during a week long all inclusive trip. We can extend that a few more but would rather not for all the days we are there for the week. I read that the open area restaurants he can wear flip flops and shorts as long as they are not swim/sporty shorts. Is this true? if so which restaurants are the open area restaurants? As for women is anything pretty much acceptable?

Also we won't be doing the club level but wondered do they still provide premium bottles in the rooms and do non-club levels have access to premium booze at the resort?

Lastly are there wrist bands?

If someone is open to direct emails for all my questions I would love to be able to contact someone as usually i have a lot of questions before I book!

Much appreciated!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: EPM - How strict is dress code during spring break?

Jadybuga.....#9 post. My sentiments exactly...You Rock!! I like EPM because there are restaurants for people that go on vacation to dress up and there are restaurants for people that do not. There is no wrong or right, just a preference.

I stayed in a VERY luxury resort in Punta Cana. There was no dress code and not one person dressed up. It was fabulous.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Calgary
Level Contributor
303 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: EPM - How strict is dress code during spring break?

Thank you Tingy for the info. Sounds like we will be ok for most nights if we go to the open area restaurants and when we want to dress up we can.

If they had a buffet we would do that for the majority of the nights but they don't so by me asking was to get an idea of how strict they are with the dress code. Most places say there is a dress code but it isn't enforced so we are really just trying to be prepared with what we need to pack.

The Punta Cana resort sounds like my kind of place. I personally don't like to dress up either and dress for comfort but that doesn't make me any less of a person than someone dressed up to eat dinner. I personally judge a person on their character and not what they are wearing. Trust me I have seen numerous times at AI resorts people dressed up super fancy and treating others like crap so to me dress has nothing to do with who you are as a person! Luxuary resort or not!

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: EPM - How strict is dress code during spring break?

I think it would be better if they had one or two that you had to dress up for but not all of the indoor ones. For me, it's the shoe requirement that I can't stand. Lightweight long pants, polo or Tommy Bahama style shirts - fine. Dress shoes on a tropical vacation, no thanks!

While I am on the subject, I find it a bit silly that EPM and other places have like 7-8 themed restaurants, all with very small menus. Why not have fewer restaurants with wider variety. Make one of them the "Gourmet" with the strict dress code.

Ohio
Level Contributor
577 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: EPM - How strict is dress code during spring break?

EPM restaurants and their respective dress codes excellence-resorts.com/dining/restaurants-at…

Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: EPM - How strict is dress code during spring break?

Tingy- which resort in Punta Cana? It sounds great :)

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: EPM - How strict is dress code during spring break?

Based on what I read here, I was a little worried about what to wear for my first visit to EPM. We travel light, and one pair of my size 10 heels would take up too much room in my carry-on. Then I reminded myself that I am not trying to impress anyone at the resort. If I wear the same black skirt multiple times with different tops, so what? If I wear flat dressy sandals when everyone else is wearing heels, who cares?

And I was completely fine with what I wore. Some women were more dressed up, some were more casual, and some looked like they were going clubbing in Vegas.

My husband wore long pants per the dress code for dinner, then went back to the room and changed into shorts.

Mentioned in this post
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: EPM - How strict is dress code during spring break?

Eden Roc Cap Cana.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,428 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: EPM - How strict is dress code during spring break?

You can also wear shorts next door at TBH

No need to wear dress shoes but rather lightweight slip on type shoes or deck shoes

Personally, I think it is nice when resorts have dress codes and at EPM they do have 3 where you can wear short and I am sure if you wanted to eat outside on the terrace at the Toscana/Basmati you could do so there as well

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: EPM - How strict is dress code during spring break?

@ jadybugs - Sent you a PM. Don't worry about rude people on here. A lot more nice and helpful people than snarky like that one rude post.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: EPM - How strict is dress code during spring break?

ladybugs - don't stop posting because of poor comments by a few. I agree with travelinman, there are many helpful people. At both EPM and ERC in the indoor restaurants I have worn long pants (dockers style) and leather sandals and have never been asked to leave but perhaps that is not per the dress code.