We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building / Room Choice

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Aberdeen, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Building / Room Choice

Hi,

I am spending two weeks at the resort at the end of September / early October. Does anyone have a recommendation / advice on which building to request ? We have a Junior Suite Spa or Pool View - Europe Special booked. What are the differences between the buildings there ?

Thanks for any advice !

Prescott Ontario
Level Contributor
943 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Building / Room Choice

Which resort?

Aberdeen, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Building / Room Choice

Excellence Playa Mujeres

Bulverde, Texas
Level Contributor
63 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Building / Room Choice

In my opinion, building 7 is the most centrally located for that type of room. You are close to the central courtyard which allows for easy access to the evening activities, lazy river and several restaurants. You can make the request for the building, by contacting the concierge at playamujeres@excellence-resorts.com. There will be no guarantee by they do try to accommodate. Exact room requests are not as easily met. Vilma Montalvo has been my contact on several occasions. Hope this helps.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Building / Room Choice

Out of interest who did you book with as I have never seen the "Europe Special" thing before???

Riverside...
Level Contributor
95 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Building / Room Choice

I had never seen any type of "special" either until yesterday when I decided to try a website that I'd seen a commercial for (not going to advertise, PM me if you'd like to know more). Even though I have already booked our stay next April with our TA, I wanted to see how good this website was so I put in our dates of stay & received quotes for 7 website working with this website. There were "Adult Only" specials & "Europe Special" that are offered via this website, however when I clicked on the "Europe Special" I wasn't offered the lower price (was directed to the "Adult Only" option at a higher price)......I assume that it's because I am in the US which is no big deal since I'm already booked for next April.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Building / Room Choice

Thanks

I do know that many resort have different rack rates for different countries but I have never seen them promoted in that way

Edited: 1:48 pm, August 05, 2013
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Building / Room Choice

Rachael

Try building 7B, we had room 7321 back in early may and the room and views were spectacular.

John

Aberdeen, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Building / Room Choice

Thanks everyone ! I booked with Expedia.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,022 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Building / Room Choice

Expedia has a Canada special too... Still cheaper to book directly through EPM.

Ask for 7B, second floor or higher... Great view, quiet and private, centrally located and a cute pool and hot tub out back that is rarely used.

halifax
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Building / Room Choice

Just booked for March Break 2014. First time to this resort. Really looking forward to it!