We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rebooking EPM for Nov 2013 - any tips for finding price?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Rebooking EPM for Nov 2013 - any tips for finding price?

We want to book for 10 days this time....last time a week was too short.

We were upgraded last time but would like to book the same room we had before or Something similar in building 8a.....Ex club swim out suite...

Can anybody provide any insight on how to get a good price? We are in Canada if that makes a difference. Is it best to book through Excellence directly? Or travel sites? Agent?

This will be our 4th time to Excellence. Any tips appreciated!

Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rebooking EPM for Nov 2013 - any tips for finding price?

You are in Canda I would request qoutes from everyone you can find up there and take the best price. Check the Excellence website as well.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
555 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rebooking EPM for Nov 2013 - any tips for finding price?

I went with Sarah from sunset travel she was $500.00 less than the quoted price, We are doing 11 nights in May 2014 She will also keep an eye if they go lower in price and rebook you.

Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rebooking EPM for Nov 2013 - any tips for finding price?

@ bonnie56Pa I use Sarah as well the problem here is they get better deals in Canada and the UK than we do here in the States so it is better to use the Canadian Agents and websites.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
555 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rebooking EPM for Nov 2013 - any tips for finding price?

Wow never knew that

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rebooking EPM for Nov 2013 - any tips for finding price?

Thanks! I usually book it myself just curious if I was doing a good job or not....usually for November we get a good price online....Pools are a little cool so a heated EC pool would be nice.

Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rebooking EPM for Nov 2013 - any tips for finding price?

@bonnie56Pa Most don't know that and thats how thwy get away with it. And for disclosure purposes all the resorts dow there do it not just Excellence.

Kansas
Level Contributor
71 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rebooking EPM for Nov 2013 - any tips for finding price?

Should I be offended that the resorts don't want Americans, hence better deals for others?

Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rebooking EPM for Nov 2013 - any tips for finding price?

Um yes it is Offensive that we get charged more because we are Americans. And they don't like this info out there.

Edited: 12:03 pm, July 01, 2013
alta vista, ontario
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Rebooking EPM for Nov 2013 - any tips for finding price?

@ KeriAndPatsTravels:

I have just booked 10 nights in November - 2 Club rooms (not swim out). My sister and I are going this time, each our own room (for just under $5K USD). You should get your swim-out for $4550 USD for 10 nights in November. And Westjet return could/should be no more than $1200 return. That's really good.

I always book through the hotel website; keep watching in case the price drops. Last year I booked in September for our April vacation. I watched (monthly) and caught a $1000 USD price drop; called the number provided on the website and changed our reservation to coincide with the new dropped price. They are really good that way.

I used to do prepackaged bookings, but have found that booking direct works better (for us).

Good luck.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rebooking EPM for Nov 2013 - any tips for finding price?

@SamanthaD : Did you book the flight through the hotel website also? or separately? I see they have 30% off for the time we want to go.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres