We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pgmg2009....live from EPM!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
350 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Pgmg2009....live from EPM!!!

Hi everyone!

Landed in CUN about 2:30 yesterday. Airport was packed, but after getting the green light (for the 1st time in 3 trips) we found Cancun Transfers and brought directly to EPM. We were greeted with the usual cool towl and sparkling wine, fruit punch cocktail. We asked about upgrading from our non EC swim out room to an EC swim out. We were told they were available at an additional cost of $150 per night. We declined. He then said..."well, since you are return guests, we could give you the room for only $100 additinal per night." we declined.

We were assigned room 7003 on the lazy river near the revive bar. In our room we found the return guest gifts...eye masks and passport covers...and we found the room spotless! We quickly unpacked, changed into our bathing suits and went to the main pool. It is very hot here with lots of sun! Got right in to the main pool and to the swim up bar for our first iceberg. Splashed around a bit and just taking it all in. What first hit us looking at the crowd was that it was a much younger crowd from our first visit. Much younger.

As we are just standing in the pool, looking at our surroundings, a lady swims up and says "are you Mary?" It was Morrisspicey! We've been chatting on TA since February, so it was nice to meet them! We hung out with them in the pool and another couple from UK and a firefighter from Texas. We had some drinks and laughs!

Dinner last night at Agave. The Tamarind Margueritas were yummy! I didn't want to choose so I asked our waiter to just pick for me. One of the dishes was a stuffed hot pepper with a walnut sauce on top. Delicious! Dessert was coconut ice cream...unbelievable!

Too tired and too much tequila...we called it a night early. Day 2 promises lots of sun and heat! We decided it would be best that we not start cocktailing today until after 12 noon!

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,559 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pgmg2009....live from EPM!!!

See you next week

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pgmg2009....live from EPM!!!

We leave in 3 days! Hope to run into you! I hope the weather stays hot and sunny ! Have so much fun.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pgmg2009....live from EPM!!!

Hope you guys keep having a great time! Thanks for the updates - feel like I'm right there with you. That dinner at Agave sounds amazing! I love that place and the Tamarind margaritas!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pgmg2009....live from EPM!!!

Thanks for the live thread. Hope you have a blast!

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pgmg2009....live from EPM!!!

Thanks for letting us tag along... I'm waiting for a plane back to Dallas, stuck here a bit in Saint Louis... I don't even have a drink!!!! Sounds like your first day was fabulous!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pgmg2009....live from EPM!!!

@ jefritz, I'll head over to the airport and have a drink with you!!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pgmg2009....live from EPM!!!

jefritz and 1travelinman.....if one drink leads to a lot more, let me know and I'll drive up too!! LOL!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
489 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pgmg2009....live from EPM!!!

Thanks for the live from thread and I'm looking forward to the read.

Enjoy!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pgmg2009....live from EPM!!!

so jealous! ha! enjoy!

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
350 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pgmg2009....live from EPM!!!

Quick update...breakfast at the grill was very tasty, perfect size, not too much. Main pool was very quiet this morning so we grabbed a palapa after breakfast. Sunbathed at beach for about an hour and I have to say the water is gorgeous! Clear, hardly any sea grass and very warm. We moved on to the main pool...simly because we are very social and like to mingle! I swore off the booze til noon, but I failed. Had the drink of the day at 11:00, not sure what it was, but not too sweet, frozen, and yummy! Next was a Mojito, then after the rockin burger I a Miami vice...mmmmmm! The main pool is busy, but still some chairs available. Back at our room at 2:30 and the room is spotless! Gonna grab a beer an a float down our lazy river. Hot and sunny again today! More later...thanks all for the kind wishes...we're having a fabulous time!!

Mary and Paul