We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unfortunate experience with LetsGo2 - avoid them

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston...
Level Contributor
63 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Unfortunate experience with LetsGo2 - avoid them

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify, this is a review of LetsGo2 as I've seen people asking questions about them. Up until a few days ago, I would have said they were great. Unfortunately, my experience with them today has left me very sad and has ruined the excitement about our upcoming holiday to EPM.

I'm posting here because I want others to be warned and to not end up having the same experience we have had. I try to be positive in my reviews and give people the benefit of the doubt but this has just really been unacceptable. In addition, I just spoke with Carribean Warehouse and they were so much better, gave better options, and just seemed kinder (offered free upgrade) all around that I am kicking myself for not going with them.

Basically, we went to LetsGo2 first and they offered us a package with BA. We got another quote from Caribbean Warehouse which was better and went back to LetsGo2 as a courtesy to see if they could beat it. They said they could but that we would fly with Thomas Cook. At no point did they mention any of the additional fees and charges (no baggage included, no meals - despite a 10.5 hour flight! - having to pay to check-in online) nor did they mention that with BA you don't have to pay the departure tax whereas with Thomas Cook you do. The person on the phone said to book online so we did.

When we booked online, it said that transfers weren't included nor was the departure tax. That's fine, it was clearly stated. When we got our confirmation, it said that only 5kg of hand luggage was included and that other luggage would have to be paid for - ridiculous but fine, it was there and I can recognize that. At no point was there any mention about the meals or check-in charges (an extra £80 for 2 people).

When I went to check-in online, it turned out my airline reference code was wrong. I contacted LetsGo2 and they assured me it was correct and that I just had to wait to check in 24 hours beforehand. I saw something on Thomas Cook mentioning checking in must be done at least 80 hours beforehad so I had to spend 2 hours with Thomas Cook to get it sorted out and they issued me a new reference. When I went back to LetsGo2 they said, 'oh' and issued me a new booking email with the correct number. No apology, no acknowledgement that they did something wrong.

When I called and complained about the excess charges for the meals and check-in, stating this wasn't anywhere on the booking or sales confirmations whereas other things that weren't included (luggage, transfers, etc.) were, they were incredibly rude. The Head of Operations, Chris Ward, actually yelled at me and was very hostile. He never once offered and apology or explanation and insisted that it was my fault and he was sorry that I assumed so many things. He accused me of not reading through all the pages of the website and that I clearly didn't read the agreement. I did in fact read everything very thoroughly precisely to avoid this and I saw no mention of these things.

While I can take responsibility for the luggage as it was eventually listed in the booking slip and i should have queried it right after the booking was made, the other charges are ridiculous and should have been clearly marked like Thomas Cook even does on its own website. When I pointed this out to Mr. Ward, he just repeated himself and didn't seem to care at all about customer service. I guess because they already have all of my money they don't really care what happens anymore.

I hope that this email will remind everyone to get every single thing possible in writing, or maybe to just book with a different company. I feel incredibly let down and now we're out an extra £200 for things that a travel agency booking you a holiday 'package' should really include (like Carribean Warehouse do as standard).

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
UK
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Unfortunate experience with LetsGo2 - avoid them

PizzaJohn

Lol. Why waste it?

Just to update on our experience with letsgo2. They have been very apologetic and have said our card is now credited with the additional expense we occurred with the taxi fares. Their gesture of the spa treatments are now confirmed. I think our blip was a genuine mistake and all in all it was a great price. Having spoken to others here, they received a great price with no problems and tbh I don't think the major tour companies would not have been so attentive as they have been resolving the problem. In today's business climate I think it only fair to add a positive to the negative.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Unfortunate experience with LetsGo2 - avoid them

We just booked to travel in October for 14 nts standard junior suite at EPM for £3,474 with private tfs, 30kgs each plus 5kgs hand, select your seat with Thomas Cook - thought it was a great price and Caribbean Warehouse suggested I grab the deal quickly as they couldn't get close :)

It's our 10th wedding anniversary whilst we're there so can't wait! Stayed at EPC last year so know how fabulous the resorts are.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Boston...
Level Contributor
63 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Unfortunate experience with LetsGo2 - avoid them

Just wanted to update on our experience with LetsGo2:

The day after my conversation with the Head of Operations (and after I posted this), I received an email from him basically saying that while they did nothing wrong, they will work on being more clear for the future. He also offered to reimburse us the £80 for check-in/seats and meals and give us private transfers as a gesture of good will. To be honest, I would have been happy with just the £80 refund so I thought this was more than fair. Later that day I received my confirmation for the private transfers and 3 days after this, my card was credited for £80.

When we arrived at the airport in Cancun, we were met by a representative from Conmex (the agency that LetsGo2 works with on the ground) and the driver and we were handed a packet of tour information and informed that LetsGo2 had offered us a free tour and arranged a time to meet the representative. We were tired so I didn't ask any more questions but I figured it was some sort of timeshare 'free' thing. The private transfer was great (huge van just for us 2) and EPM was amazing! (see my separate review)

We arrived on Sunday and were supposed to meet the representative on Tuesday morning. When they called to confirm the time, I asked what exactly 'free' meant and they said just that - no presentations or anything like it, just that LetsGo2 was giving us $120 to spend towards excursions. We were pleasantly surprised as this paid for one of us to go on a tour that we had planned to do anyway (The Mayan Explorer tour to Coba - highly recommend it!).

All in all, I thought that LetsGo2 really went above and beyond to set things right and we do appreciate that. That being said, I'm not sure I will use them again just due to the initial treatment when I spoke to Mr. Ward and how upsetting it was. They do tend to have great prices so I may give them another chance. Clearly other people have had a great experience with them so perhaps this was just one isolated incident.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Mayan Palace at Vidanta Riviera Maya
Mayan Palace at Vidanta...
4,364 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
2 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Unfortunate experience with LetsGo2 - avoid them

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience with Letsgo2. We booked a week in Dubai for November with them in May- possibly before your review was published. We were a bit wary at first, having never heard of the company but they were offering a very competitive price for the flights and hotel we wanted in Dubai. My husband did some research on the net and following that seeming satisfactory, we booked with them. I have to say that we found them to be excellent. We completed the booking online, no need to speak to an advisor at all as we were kept fully informed throughout the booking process and all relevant documentation sent promptly. We didn't initially realise that the cost also included transfers, which again were very good. On this basis, we plan to travel again with them and have recommended the company to friends and family. Our 7 hour flights with Emirates included a tasty meal plus snack.

In a strange coincidence, we travelled to EMP in February for 10 nights, having booked with Thomas cook. Our luggage was included but meals were extra and there is no way I would pay for those awful airline meals that package holiday tours offer!

45. Re: Unfortunate experience with LetsGo2 - avoid them

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, January 05, 2014
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
629 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Unfortunate experience with LetsGo2 - avoid them

Every company slips up from time to time and twice in this thread LetsGo2 have demonstrated excellent customer service by going "above and beyond" to compensate for what is considered to be their failings.

I have never travelled or booked with them before but I am surprised so many have not heard of them. Very well established travel agent with years of experience dealing with pretty much tailor made packages all over the world.

Personally, and please don't take this the wrong way, but if you travel with the likes of Thomas Cook, Thomsons etc, you should not expect the same sort of service and perks you get with the likes of Virgin. Thomas Cook and Thomsons "premium" cabins are a rip off. They are totally incomparable to Virgins Premium service which in reality is more akin to traditional Business Class with their Upper Class being more akin to first class.

Every time I would choose Virgin. I always choose at least Premium but last year got the deal of the century of 11 nights, Preferred Junior Suite, The Vine, Virgin Upper Class both ways for just over £5000 for two of us.

Have just booked 9 nights in April for Silversands, Virgin Premium for £3800 via Caribbean Warehouse. £700 cheaper than booking with Virgin Holidays.

Basically, shop around but make sure you are comparing on a level basis.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
47. Re: Unfortunate experience with LetsGo2 - avoid them

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

48. Re: Unfortunate experience with LetsGo2 - avoid them

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Unfortunate experience with LetsGo2 - avoid them

Personally I have used Lets Go 2 before and have just booked with them again. Had excellent customer service last time and also this time.

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Unfortunate experience with LetsGo2 - avoid them

Sorry but we have booked with let's go 2 for the last 7 years and h ave never had any trouble with them at all in fact quite found them very helpful hazel madden