We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything you miss from home while on vaca?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
641 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Anything you miss from home while on vaca?

I'm the 1st to admit to being hard pressed finding anything at all lacking @ EPM whilst on vaca. Absolutely loved the pizza option added after our 1st trip and did a happy dance when we found the ice cream machine. Is there any food that you wish was available that isn't? I know this is a toughie since the selection/offerings are already outstanding!! For me, the only things I could come up with were tacos everyday at lunch by the beach. I can get burgers any day but adore tacos of any type except fish. Another thing would be popcorn :-). I know....a strange one but I love it......not to say guac & chips are a less desireable option.

How about you all?? It is hard to improve upon perfection but it doesn't hurt to dream! Julie

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Anything you miss from home while on vaca?

I miss my cat - amber poo. But she enjoys her hols at the 'Cat Hotel' in Durham whilst we're away >^..^<

New York
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anything you miss from home while on vaca?

besides better and more pillows on the bed...i don't think they could improve on EPM anymore

Edited: 5:54 pm, March 15, 2013
Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Anything you miss from home while on vaca?

I missed my dogs.

I also missed my peppermint tea. I usually bring it from home but completely forgot this time.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Anything you miss from home while on vaca?

Kind of sad to admit it, but I miss my job - I am an aerobics instructor and I have never found a gym that makes me happy when I am travelling. :-(

15. Re: Anything you miss from home while on vaca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 18, 2014