We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa del palmar cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Forney, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
villa del palmar cancun

Hello everyone I am going to be staying at the villa del palmar cancun June 24-28 and I has some questions that I hope you guys can help me with. Firstly we are doing the All inclusive package and I am curious how the food goes. I saw that there are no dinner buffet but you actually order your food. is that true? also I know drinks are free except premium alchohol I am a whisky and scotch drinker and am hoping I dont have to pay for Johnny Walker or Jack anyone know if I will? thanks everyone

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: villa del palmar cancun

That's our philosophy when we go to VDP. Otherwise, we are travelers--all over the world. Asia, Africa, Europe--you name it-we travel. VDP is vacation for us. No worries; we want to be fed and watered...it's a good place to go nowhere.

Level Contributor
39 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: villa del palmar cancun

To grantoapc I just sent you an email. Tipping does not matter at this place. The service is simply horrendous. Get used to laying out and not eating or drinking. You will need to get up and get your own beverage and order your own food. If they do take your order there is a better than 50/50 chance you will ever see it.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: villa del palmar cancun

I totally disagree with # 12. We have been there twice and would be going there next week but for availability issues. I have never had to get my own order. Tips are very effective and they bring smiles and gracious attitudes. I have only one person pause for a tip (just the bellman who brought our bags). Some people just generate negative actions from others.

Level Contributor
39 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: villa del palmar cancun

In response to #13 I am glad you enjoyed your visits. I can only tell you what happened when we were there last week. I did not tip because people were expecting it. I tipped because I can afford it and I enjoy helping other people out and to get better service. The workers at this resort were very friendly. The service is very subpar from check in to check out and everything in between. We rented a 2 bedroom suite for 8 nights. My kids loved the place which is what really matters. As far as the service goes this is not a 5 Star Resort. I am very cautious when writing reviews. I do not like saying bad things about a place. I usually would not comment. I feel in this instance the service is so bad people should be aware of it from my perspective.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: villa del palmar cancun

Wondering if anyone who has been stocked up on snacks, beer, etc. from either their little store (I know not the cheapest) or somehow managed to get to a store?

We typically don't do much cooking per se but do like to have some "cheaper"options for breakfast/snacks/adult bevos on hand.

Along these lines, cannot decide whether or not to do an AI, which would solve the problem, I guess.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,790 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: villa del palmar cancun

why dont you read recent reviews about going nonAI? even PM some who have?

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
23 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: villa del palmar cancun

I have read a ton of reviews but have not read much about folks not going AI,which is why I asked the question!

Thanks for any info, folks!

18. Re: villa del palmar cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 12, 2014