We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Just for fun"

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
145 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
"Just for fun"

Ok, a new approach to evaluating your dining experiences at EPM. How much wait gain does it take to consider a trip to have been great and the food exceptional? Please include the number of days on the trip.

Those of you that have lost weight can tell your stories as well but don't count on the rest of us following your lead.

UK
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: "Just for fun"

Hi

4lbs in 14 nights (and hit the gym for a run 8 of those nights!)

Put it down to my lifestyle at home - coffee only for breakfast, fruit for lunch and salad/meat for dinner- compared to the eat/snack/drink/ routine at EPM!

Well that's what vacations are for!

H

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: "Just for fun"

You folks are hilarious! Keep it going!

50 more days until I get to give my elbows a good workout!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: "Just for fun"

I haven't really gained much weight on previous vacations - but at EPM? I'll take long walks, maybe try out the gym (maybe) - but I might have a glass of wine at home, but I never make blender drinks here. At EPM, I have a list of ones to try. AND a food list. I don't plan to be in bed by 7 pm, but I firmly believe you can pace yourself while you're indulging. If I feel like a cheeseburger on vacation, you bet I'm going to have it. If I felt like one today? I'd remember my tankini's and tell myself I should eat some oatmeal.

Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
145 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: "Just for fun"

My daughter is getting married in March. I was just measured for my tux. I do not have the luxury of gaining weight so I will be in the gym. But your tips have been fun to read.

See you in 6 days.

New England
Level Contributor
344 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: "Just for fun"

Honestly, I do triathlons, ran everyday there and gained almost 15 in 11 days!!! Arrived 175 got home at 190!!

I eat and drink like a champ there!! Not that much at home and I think it's the constant eating and drinking,

Even when I went to gym it was then straight to buffet and then to pool/beach for drink of day x 12!!'

Each meal then gets app, meal, and desert! Oh and the drinking continues.

Night ends with a Mexican Coffee at Agave and petit fors in room.

Wow!!' and I can't wait to get back. I'll do 2 races pre EPM to get ready!!'

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: "Just for fun"

Mmmmm...the Mayan and mexicN coffees..... You had me at hello!

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: "Just for fun"

Amen Kerlyran...

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: "Just for fun"

What's the difference between Mayan coffee and Mexican coffee? Is one made with flame and the other is not?

New York
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: "Just for fun"

Rednailz...the mayan coffee is the flaming coffee..mexican coffee is just kaulua in your coffee.

I am really in the mood for a mayan coffee right now....OMG!! those are sooo good!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: "Just for fun"

Man, I can't wait! I love that coffee and always close the night with some. Only 58 days to go!