We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Grass in FRONT of epm

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
734 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Grass in FRONT of epm

Good news, I am going through all of my videos and found one of the beach in front of EPM as they were cleaning it first thing one morning. I posted this under a new thread because I didn't want the video to get lost in the other thread.

You can see the sea grass in the water and the work they are doing to keep it off the beach. They did work hard to manage it, but there is nothing they could do about the 10 yards or so in the water.

It's important to note that I am in no way blaming EPM or saying anything negative about EPM. I loved the resort despite the uncontrollable sea grass. People requested video of it so I am trying to give people a realistic idea of what it COULD look like, not necessarily what it WILL look like when they are there. No one can control it, but if it is going to ruin someones trip then they should definitely see it before they go!

No reason for someone to spend $500/night and end up not liking their stay even if its not the resorts fault! That would just be a bad situation for the resort and the guest!

www.youtube.com/watch…

E P
Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Sea Grass in FRONT of epm

I think it will be fine. Ide rather know its a possibility.. than not have any clue! We are only there 6 days. We will find plenty of other things to do if the seagrass gets swept in i suppose. ... maybe go deep sea fishing or some other water activities like the hobie cat mentioned.

Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Sea Grass in FRONT of epm

Here right now, last day :(

Early in the week there was some grass in the first ten yards of water but clear beyond that. Tractors up and down constantly as it washed up. Something changed Wednesday and sine then the beach and water pretty far out are as clear as can be. It must be currents and wind. The worst days for grass were the cooler windier ones. So you won't know till you get here. Still never kept us out of the ocean.

North of the resort is all wild natural undeveloped beach, so I'd guess the lack of development ironically contributes to the problem. Unlike the Zona Hotelera you are actually quite a bit in nature. (Speaking of which I recommend the bike tour to fully appreciate that.)

23. Re: Sea Grass in FRONT of epm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 11, 2014