We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence club?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
kent
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence club?

Am in the process of booking EPM for October and have been offered EC half price(£35 per person per day).Is this a good deal?Should I wait till we arrive?Do repeat guests ever get a upgrade to EC?Are the rooms any different?

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence club?

Repeat guests do not get upgrades. 35 pounds is quite a good price, the best I've been quoted was 15 pounds per person.

kent
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence club?

thanks for quick reply!Did you take up the offer?was it with CW?are the rooms different?

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence club?

No, I don't think that the upgrades were beneficial for me. If you want Private lounge, check in, pool and beach area then yes.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence club?

It was with cw, prices depend on availability.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence club?

Rooms are the same but with sea views and upgraded selection of alcohol, toiletries etc in room

New York
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence club?

It all depends on what you are looking for and where you expect yourself to be. If you expect to be hanging out at the main pool (with the swim up bar) all day and be active in all the pool activities...then I don't think EC is worth the money.

We always spring for EC because we like the extra service you get at the EC pool and beach. I don't need a swim up bar when I can be at the EC pool and the wait staff will bring me my drink as I float around the pool. We don't care for the more loud party atmosphere the main pool has so we pay for EC every time. Most of all...I couldn't imagine not having my bed on the beach on the EC beach side for a relaxing afternoon nap by the ocean.

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence club?

My wife and I just discussed this on the way home from EPM. We stayed in EC during our stay last week. We decided that we would use the extra money for more nights next time.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence club?

Rap, that's what we do, too... There is still wait service around the main beach and pool...and we found it to be very attentive. EC poo.s and beach would be a boor for us...

Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence club?

I agree that it depends in what you want out if your vacation. We were also there last week. We never once spent any time ither than web eating at the Lobster House at the main pool area. It was too social for us. We were looking for a quiet place to pull up a patch if sand & unwind for the first time since our honeymoon 15 years ago. The EC beach with beds & amazing service were exactly what we needed. So for us, the EC was worth it and will be in the future as well.

Enjoy your vacation!

Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence club?

I agree that it depends in what you want out if your vacation. We were also there last week. We never once spent any time other than when eating at the Lobster House at the main pool area. It was too social for us. We were looking for a quiet place to pull up a patch of sand & unwind for the first time since our honeymoon 15 years ago. The EC beach with beds & amazing service were exactly what we needed. So for us, the EC was worth it and will be in the future as well.

Enjoy your vacation!

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres