We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used luxury (Escalade) transfers

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Washington DC...
7 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone used luxury (Escalade) transfers

I have looked at a few of the posts about airport transfers. I saw that USA, AGI, Cancun transfers all seem fine.

But since it's my honeymoon and it only seems to be about $70-80 more I wanted to go with one of the companies that used the nicer Cadillac Escalades or something similar.

I've looked at:

Dreamdays

QTS-cancun.com

Cancun-airport.net

Mayanairportservice.com

Anyone have any recommendations for any company/website. Flying in late May going to EPM.

Thanks ahead of time! Can't wait to get there.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used luxury (Escalade) transfers

If you do Cancun transfers VIP service it says you get a Ford Expedition and beer or wine. Not necessarily luxurious, but still a very nice vehicle.

Washington DC...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used luxury (Escalade) transfers

Thanks I did take a look at that. I don't usually live in luxury, just thought it would be nice to go first class if it's only about $50 more. For $150 the Escalade looks nice. Just wondering if anyone had used the company. What the heck, you only have like 3 maybe 4 honeymoons tops right! Kidding my fiance would kill me if she saw this post.

New York
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used luxury (Escalade) transfers

We upgraded to VIP service last year. I figured we were going for my husbands 40th bday and I would pull out all the stops . Well...the Expedition was the exact same truck I have here at home! Nothing special but it was better than the generic white van we had the 1st time. I was thinking of limo or something different this time but I am not sure the luxury transportation in Cancun terms is same as luxury transportation in NY terms

Edited: 7:46 pm, May 03, 2012
New York
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used luxury (Escalade) transfers

I should have mentioned we used Cancun transfers. They were GREAT, on time and it was only a 30min drive but not exactly what I would consider VIP the QTS company looks nice but pricey. Has anyone here used them?

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used luxury (Escalade) transfers

Try the limo at Lomas Travel. We used it last year and I think it was cheaper than what you are talking about for the Escalades. We really enjoyed the limo and the service was top notch!

Sorry- ETA that I didn't see at first you were going to EPM, so disregard the price difference I mentioned. However, I still stand by Lomas and their limos. I will definitely use them again the next time we go to Cancun!

Edited: 8:58 pm, May 03, 2012
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used luxury (Escalade) transfers

Hi, this is a special trip for me and my boyfriend so how much would it be to arrive in style? I'm happy to take the shuttle back to the airport but would love to be greeted with our names outside and have champagne and beer on the way! Any info would be much appreciated x

Washington DC...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone used luxury (Escalade) transfers

Thanks everyone. The Lomas limo is an option

So for round trip

Private regular white van $70 (various places)

Suburban $110 (various)

Escalade $156 (DreamDays)

Navigator Limo $204 (Lomas)

So many choices. I realize it's probably trivial to most people but want the honeymoon to be special. 18 days and counting. Any added input welcome.

Thanks for all the other helpful info I've learned about EPM

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone used luxury (Escalade) transfers

I agree with Lomas, long stretch Limos....that will really impress your bride.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
258 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone used luxury (Escalade) transfers

The resort offers this service, which of course, is extra. I used it in January; the fellow at the airport waits for you outside the terminal building with a very large, sophisticated sign - not with the company's name on it, but yours. You are treated like VIP. The SUVs are Cadillac Escalades. This service is a little more expensive than others; I think I paid $170 USD, plus tips of course. The nice thing is that money only exchanges hands when you check out. The service is added to your "miscellaneous" costs at the hotel. Email or call the hotel - they make all the arrangements and will confirm. Just double check the confirmation -- the first confirmation I received was for another person, but when I brought it to their attention, it was corrected swiftly and accurately.

Edited: 7:53 am, May 04, 2012
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone used luxury (Escalade) transfers

$170 USD for a return trip to EPM?

YIKES!!