We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beds at EPM

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Beds at EPM

This has been the most amazing vacation ever.... but I will not be back. I haven't slept this entire trip besides the naps I catch on our RTT bed. We asked for a pillow top pad and they actually changed the mattress which impressed us, until we went to sleep. This mattress is firmer than the last. I am sore and exhausted.

I have medication to help sleep on the plane and even that did not help me make it through a night. If you don't like firm beds this is not the place for you. If I could sleep on these beds I would be back every year. :-/

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,688 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beds at EPM

Hi

Sorry to hear about your problems

Did you mention to them that the new mattress was worse than the original???

Luckily we like a firm bed

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beds at EPM

Ask them for a mattress topper in addition to the new mattress they provided for you. Except for one resort (Sercrets Silversands), most beds in Mexico are the same firmness as the ones at EPM.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beds at EPM

We love luxurious beds and top quality linen. Many resorts in MX do fall short in this area, but not all.

The best we have found are at Grand Velas, Le Blanc, Iberostar Grand Paraiso, Live AQUA and the El Dorado Resorts. I have also read that the Royals have Tempurpedic bedding.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beds at EPM

I am sorry you're having trouble sleeping. Try the mattress topper...maybe even get the "old" mattress back and see if that combined with the topper make a difference. That's a shame that you haven't been able to get a proper rest, even with medication. :(

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beds at EPM

It is such a shame that the beds are so hard. Unlike 5stars we've rarely had this problem at other resorts. The pillows are just the worst. Such a nice attractive resort so it is really too bad the beds are so bad.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
150 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beds at EPM

I know my boyfriend at the time had the same exact issue, it is the only reason he wont go back there again.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beds at EPM

Laughed when I saw this post since this was one of my main complaints this trip, the bed and linens were awful. I have stayed at 4 other resorts in Mexico in the past 4 years and they all had great, comfy beds and good pillows. I wanted to take the pillows home from Sun Palace and I went out and bought the same pillow after staying at El Dorado Casitas in August, who also had an excellent bed. EPM needs to do something about this!

New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beds at EPM

I complained again 2 nights befoer the trip ended and they ended up bringing us a topper. It was much softer, but it wasn't comfortable. I may go back because it was such a great trip, but next time I am bringing zanax.

9. Re: Beds at EPM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres