We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beloved Hotel vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Durham, North...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Beloved Hotel vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

I'd like to start off by apologizing if this has already been discussed in great detail elsewhere. I have tried searching the forums, but I haven't had much luck yet (could be that I'm just horrible with technology".

Anyway, after many agonizing months, I think I've finally narrowed it down to the following options for my honeymoon in June 2012 (5 nights total):

The Beloved Hotel -

#1) two story beach front casita with plunge pool - $2570

#2) oceanfront penthouse suite with plunge pool - $3850

Excellence Playa Mujeres -

#1) two story rooftop terrace suite ocean front (EC) - $3610.

Basically, the fiance and I'm looking for a quiet/relaxing place with nice accommodations and excellent spa treatments available. I was initially leaning towards EPM, but then learned of its size and got concerned with the availability of privacy as it is our honeymoon after all. Having said that, I've been reading the many reviews on The Beloved Hotel and it seems as if many of the rooms with plunge pool lack privacy there as well. So I'm starting to wonder if I should go back to the drawing board AGAIN, but before I do, I wanted to get people's insight on here.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

the11
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Beloved Hotel vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

We just booked the Beloved. Check out flipflop_man's reviews. They will help

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,709 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Beloved Hotel vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

EPM is not huge... At least it does not feel that way. If you are on your honeymoon I would choose EPM due to the fact it is adult only. There are many hide away spots at the resort. Much more variety in dining options, plus nightly entertainment. Many honeymooning couples every time we have been there.

Have heard some unfavorable reviews since la amada has changed to AI.....

Edited: 9:36 pm, January 18, 2012
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Beloved Hotel vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

Choose EPM. Many more restaurants and bars to choose from than whats offered at the beloved. Privacy was never really an issue, especially if you're in EC with a room by the beach. At nighttime there's almost nobody around that section of the hotel.

We stayed at EPM last year and had a blast. We are getting married at the beloved this may, and hopping over to EPM after the wedding to honeymoon there. The place is awesome. You won't regret it.

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Beloved Hotel vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

EVTL55- I just made that suggestion to a friend of mine. They are thinking of a beach wedding and she would like her daughter to be there. So I suggested the beloved for the wedding and EPM for the honeymoon.

Any details you can share would be appreciated.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,728 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Beloved Hotel vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying but I have just had an operation on my right hand and using a PC is not very easy just now

Having stayed at TBH and I verify that the plunge pools for the room types you describe and in the main far more private than those at EPM

The Penthouse House Suites at TBH are awesome - check out my photo album for the resort which is labelled La Amada

community.webshots.com/user/flipflop_man

As has been said EPM is 4 times the saize of TBH and has far more bars and restaurants and is AO. THB IMHO is a step up in every way to EPM apart from overall choice of facilities

Great for a stay of up to 5-7 nights

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Beloved Hotel vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

I stayed at The Beloved when it was La Amada last February. I was there for 4 nights with my boyfriend. I had a chance to hang out at EPM for a couple of hours. EPM is not a huge mega resort at all.

I love The Beloved. I stayed in an Oceanview Terrace Suite with a plunge pool. Our terrace was huge and very private. The service was phenomenal and it was very relaxing there. That being said, I think you should choose EPM for your honeymoon. There are so many more options with bars and restaurants, especially since you are there for 5 nights. I feel you will still have your privacy at EPM.

I loved my stay at The Beloved, but I sometimes I wished I was over at EPM because they had more options with bars, restaurants, and there's entertainment as well.

EPM is the better choice for your honeymoon.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Beloved Hotel vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

Wink - that's exactly why we chose to wed at The Beloved, because my FI has a young daughter and young brother that will be with us. The hotel has been pretty accommodating, but of course there's always some hiccups in planning a destination wedding. From what ive heard from brides who have already gotten married there, the wedding was a dream come true and everything flowed smoothly. Any specific questions, feel free to PM me

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,728 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Beloved Hotel vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

We have spoken with many brides and grooms who were married at EPM and also TBH and all had a dream wedding

Have a great day when it comes

What date in May is it???

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Beloved Hotel vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

Thanks flipflop man...it's May 5th. Cant wait!!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,728 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Beloved Hotel vs Excellence Playa Mujeres

We will miss you then as we do not arrive at TBH until 24th May

Edited: 12:04 pm, January 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres