We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres - Great News

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,733 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres - Great News

Hi

As part of their roll out of the new concept they have introduced:

FREE night passes to Excellence Playa Mujeres exclusive to guests staying 7 nights or longer at Beloved Playa Mujeres

• Night pass is valid from 6pm to 1am (dress code applicable)

• Includes access to all restaurants open in Excellence Playa Mujeres as well as the night show and bars open

• One pass per person per week (aged 18+), valid from 02/01/2012

• Subject to availability. Valid for new bookings only. Transfers not included, hotel in walking distance

• Passes to be confirmed in advance in resort through hotel concierge to guarantee availability

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres - Great News

I guess the wait times at the restaurants during peak season will get longer now that they are allowing another hotel to eat their meals at the EPM. The bar line ups will increase as well during the evenings.

Can't say I like this idea very much, great if you are at the Beloved Hotel but not so good if you paid a lot of money to go to the EPM.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,733 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres - Great News

Stars

Do you not think the will have thought some of that through???

It is subject to availability and not a very high % of guest who go to TBH stay for 7 nights anyway but it is great news for those that do

Edited: 3:04 pm, November 24, 2011
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,733 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres - Great News

Thanks TA for reopening this thread

Boston
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres - Great News

I'm with 5 Stars, I don't think this is great news. Yes, they say they'll limit it but my question is why offer it in the first place? If you want to use EPM's facitlities, then book EPM. Also, is this a recipicle deal, if you stay at EPM can use "Beloved's" facilities?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,733 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres - Great News

As far as I am aware it is not a reciprocal arrangement

They are offering this simply to allow guests who are staying for more 7+ nights at TBH more evening dining options and the chance to see the odd show

Perhaps it is because we have stayed at TBH that it makes perfect sense to me

Edited: 9:07 pm, November 24, 2011
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres - Great News

I see this as a terrible move for Excellence Resorts. The guests from EPM should not have to share with The Beloved Hotel. Book the resort you want. If the Beloved needs more restaurants and entertainment they should add it to their location.

If you notice flip you are the only one here so far who likes the idea. Maybe they need to rethink this fast before they tick off all the loyal guests of EPM.

I suggest that all who are opposed to this to contact Excellence about their displeasure as I am doing.

Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres - Great News

I agree!! I have stayed at EPM, and I think that it's busy enough without having extra guests. This will bring extra lines, and longer waiting times and the theatre will be even fuller. Boo on the idea. :(

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres - Great News

Hi

I think this is a good idea if you are staying @ The Beloved, it is such a small resort that this does give you more options. Also it is limited to only 1 pass per person per week and only for those staying 7 nights or longer and as Flip said there are not many who will do the 7+ nights thing!!

I really dont think you will get much more than 20-30 people over Max to be spread over all the restaurants/bars in resort, so shouldnt really impact on the EPM guests too much!

Having atayed at Excellence 6 times previously and considered TBH in the past and for future i think this is a great move. I am sure that the Mgt of EPM will not let it get out of control and as such all 'Passes' will be 'Controlled'

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres - Great News

I'm a bit disappointed as we loved our time at EPM and are returning next April. I must admit did find the bars and some restaurants plenty busy enough in the evenings so am hoping the extra guests won't impact too much on EPM. I'm not sure I agree that there won't be many takers, particularly for the shows.

Edited: 5:42 am, November 25, 2011
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres - Great News

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks this is a bad idea. EPM is one of the highest priced hotel in it's category and people who book this hotel , do so with certian expectations.....having guest walk over from another hotel and take dinner spots at the already crowded prime dinner times at the restaurants is not one of them.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres