We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beds at EPM

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ventura, California
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beds at EPM

We are getting ready to book this resort and are wondering if the beds are comfortable?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beds at EPM

As with many of the resorts down there, the beds are on the firm side, we find them very comfortable but some like their beds softer, they will put a mattress topper on it for you if you find it too firm.... it softens it up quite a bit.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beds at EPM

We thought they were the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in but we like firm beds. Seems a lot of people in the reviews find them too firm.

Plus they are ridiculously high, my poor wife had to make a step out of pillows to get in!

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beds at EPM

The beds are very firm but as mentioned you can get a mattress topper put on it if you want. The post about the hieght is also true. You almost have to hop up on the bed if you are a smaller person.

UK
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beds at EPM

Jagsnus

IMO the beds are firm but not hard. And as other posters have indicated they are high off the ground. We always sleep like babies at EPM.

Regards

Higrade

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beds at EPM

we always sleep well at epm and we usually have a difficult time sleeping in hotels.. beds are great.. but yes very high! i'm only 5'2" so it's pretty funny getting in and out!

Ventura, California
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Beds at EPM

Thank you for your responses!

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beds at EPM

@jagsnus

If your looking for a resort with pillowy soft beds, try Secrets Silversands, by far the best beds we have slept in on the Riviera.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beds at EPM

I'm with 5 stars on this one. The beds here are very firm. I have had a stiff lower back every morning. We are totally not a fan of these beds.

UK
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beds at EPM

Jagsnus

Everyone is different. We find the " Secrets" pillow top beds waaaaay to soft to sleep comfortably and woke with aching backs each morning when we stayed with the chain in Jamaica. Theres only one way to find out :)

Regards

Higrade

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beds at EPM

This may come down to a bit of an age thing and also what you are used to sleeping on at home. I did not notice how hard a bed was when I was younger but found that the beds at EPM made my back and hips ache. It really is that hard. We have a pillow top at home and if you are used to that you will find the beds at EPM uncomfortable. We also thought they could improve upon the bedding used. The rest of the room is really nice so it really is a shame that Excellence doesn't spend a bit more on better quality beds.