We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and Room Requests...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Austin, TX
6 posts
Save Topic
Bed and Room Requests...

So I called EPM today after booking just a few days ago for a Junior Suite on July 12-19th. The person I spoke to was very nice, and I asked if I could be assured of a room with a king size bed, and also made a request that we get put into building 7 as I hear thats the place to be for the Junior Suites. She added my request the reservation, but I have to say I'm still nervous as she didn't confirm anything for me. I can live with a room that's not in building 7, but I'd hate it if we didn't get a king size bed. Can anyone calm my nerves? :)

denver
Level Contributor
218 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and Room Requests...

I'm not the EPM expert on the forum, but I cannot imagine that you would get double beds. I would think people only get double beds upon request. It's such a couples oriented place that I think double beds would be the exception.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and Room Requests...

All you can do is request a king size bed, more of them than of the double beds. I bet you get a king. Best bet is to have your travel agent send a note to the hotel. That probably is your safest bet.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and Room Requests...

We made the same bed request and didn't get warm and fuzzy confirmation either, but we ended up getting the king bed. I think the ratio is something like 10-1 in favor of king beds so chances are very slim that you won't get one.

In terms of room location, it seems that people on these forums and in reviews almost always have their request granted. I don't know how a resort manages to satisfy people in this regard but it seems like they do!

Florida
Level Contributor
92 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and Room Requests...

We e-mailed ahead and asked for King beds in tower 7 with a slight ocean view. We got king bed in tower 7 with no ocean view because we got an complementary upgrade to a swim up room. No complaints here!

5. Re: Bed and Room Requests...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 29, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres