We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Excellence Playa Mujeres in October?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
columbus, ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Excellence Playa Mujeres in October?

My husband and I are interested in traveling to Excellence PLaya Mujeres in the begining of OCtober, 2009. Has anyone been there during that time of year? Should we postpone our trip for a later time? Thanks for any suggestions. Colleen

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Scuba & Snorkeling
New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Excellence Playa Mujeres in October?

The "official" rainy season is from June 1st til December 1st, it "can" rain or get a hurricane anytime in those months. We were down there last beginning of September and first week of December, we had absolutely perfect weather both trips, could it rain for days on end.... yes. Could it have a hurricane.... yes. Could it be perfect weather with a few showers or a rainy day.... yes. Can they predict the rain at all... "absolutely not", they always say chance of rain or thunderstorms, ALWAYS... it is the tropics and the weather is very changeable very quickly because of the wind / gulf stream. Go, and book hurricane insurance just in case, we do, that's the only thing they can predict with any certainty right up til the time you leave, but I'll bet you get other people saying they had mostly great weather for that time period. Excellence Playa Mujeres is fantastic, you'll love it.

2. Re: Travel to Excellence Playa Mujeres in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, December 18, 2009