We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stairs to the RTT

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
NJ
Level Contributor
496 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stairs to the RTT

I read a review from someone who stayed in one of the RTT rooms and they said that the stairs leading to the RTT are EXTREMELY slippery and dangerous.

Is that true? Anyone else have that problem?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stairs to the RTT

I would say you have to be cautious as they are marble and the staircase in quiet steep

The main thing is allowing your eyes to adjust when you come off the bright sunlight on the RTT into the darker room

Rockville, MD
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stairs to the RTT

Take those foofy little slippers up with you. They give you good traction on the way down.

long island
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stairs to the RTT

First day first hour we were there last year, I slipped on those stairs.....had a bruise the shape of the Yucatan Peninsula on my back and butt for the whole week. Hold the hand rail and be careful.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stairs to the RTT

Ditto to others - they are narrow, steep and marble. Try to avoid walking on them with wet feet and make sure you hang on the hand rail.

Clearfield, Kentucky
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Stairs to the RTT

I agree...slow, steady, and SOBER! lol

New York
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stairs to the RTT

Yup, agree with all of the above. Wet feet and marble are not a good combo. As long as you are aware that the steps can be somewhat hazardous and you hold the handrail, you should be fine. But, in spite of the stairs, the RTT is so worth it.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stairs to the RTT

The stairs in our room have grip strips on them which are about 2" wide which does help

Central Wisconsin
Level Contributor
726 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stairs to the RTT

They were installing the grip strips in our room in February/March when we were they and they did seem to add traction.

NJ
Level Contributor
496 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Stairs to the RTT

FlipFlop, have these strips been installed on you RTT stairs? What room are you staying in this time.

10. Re: Stairs to the RTT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, December 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres