We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Welcome To My World

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
Welcome To My World

We will be at EPM 4/23 - 5/1. Booked the vacation last August. Check out the weather forecase for the days of our stay:

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&locCode=NAM|MX|MX023|PLAYA%20DEL%20CARMEN&metric=0

Merrimack NH
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Welcome To My World

Don't fret! A slight chance of thunderstorms just means it's going to be hot and humid. Think positive!!!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,880 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Welcome To My World

Most of the times the showers are overnight and you wake to a wet pavement. If they do happen in the afternoon they are definitely a blessing. They do cool off the air and clear it out. We love this time of the year in Cancun. It's just gorgeous.

Have a wonderful trip.

Cheryl

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Welcome To My World

Don't worry about it. When I looked at the forcast, it called for rain 5 out of the 7 days.

It did not rain once while we were there. In fact, the only day where the weather was not perfect, was the day we arrived.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,382 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Welcome To My World

Stop looking at the weather reports. It called for rain every day we were thre, and it rained twice... both times in the evening, oth times for less than 10 minutes.

St Louis MO
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Welcome To My World

I think you shouldnt go.

Then we can transfer the tix to my name.

I am positive i can take a few more days off and spend them in 85-90 degree weather while it rains drinking SB,Mojitos and Margaritas all while getting attacked by stingrays and flying mattresses.

I'll PM you my home address so you can overnight the tix ok?

:)

Have a great time and dont bother with small issues.

Lees summit
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Welcome To My World

Even if it rains the entire time you will STILL have a great time. This place is amazing. Plus, you are going swimming right? Gonna get wet anyway!

Dont worry it wont rain the whole time.

You need a vacation. Positive thinking will change your life. Seriously. Life is what YOU make it. These are your experiences. YOU have the power to decide how you interpret them.

have fun

New York
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Welcome To My World

Thank you all (and, no, Kali, I'll take my chances, but thanks anyway). It is just that I've been watching the weather for a month and for the most part only saw happy sunshine. Today I thought I would cheer myself up and look to see how beautiful it was going to be when we arrive at EPM and almost fell off my chair. I wouldn't mind one or two days showing rain, but to see rain (only rain) for every single full day that we are going to be there didn't help my mood any. :(

PA
Level Contributor
139 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Welcome To My World

You sound so much like me! I am torturing myself with things beyond my control at this point.

Remember that either way - you should be excited!

Fingers crossed you have fantastic weather!

enjoy

Jess

baltimore
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Welcome To My World

Hey jeannie4jeter,

We will be there from 4/25 through 5/2. I'm concerned a little about the forcast but I know we'll still have a great time. Maybe we can play some poker or cards while we wait out the rain. Those mat races could also be fun in the rain. Can't go wrong when we have tropical drinks in front of us! That's if you don't mind hanging with a red sox and an orioles fan....

Wisconsin
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Welcome To My World

Jeannie & kmmBaltimore -

My husband and I will be there 4/24-4/29, so we'll share a toast with you in the rain, or sun, or wind - whatever weather we get!

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres