We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Playa Mujures Dress Code

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York
4 posts
Save Topic
Excellence Playa Mujures Dress Code

I am planning a vacation to Excellence Playa Mujeres and was wondering about the dress code. I enjoy dressing up for dinner but my husband could wear shorts everywhere. I know on the website it states men in long pants. Is that for all the restaurants?

Central Wisconsin
Level Contributor
726 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Playa Mujures Dress Code

From the Excellence times, March 9, 2009:

DRESS CODES FOR DINNER RESTARUANTS CHEZ ISABELLE, TOSCANA, SPICE & BARCELONA:

Casual elegance for gentlemen: Long pants, dfress shirt, casual shoes or elegant sandals must be worn. Casual elegance for ladies: Long pants, Capri pants, skirt, blouse, casual shoes and elegant sandals must be worn. (underlined) Please do not come: in t-shirts, tank shirts, and/or beach sandals.

DRESS CODES FOR DINNER RESTAURANTS AGAVE, THE GRILL, THE LOBSTER HOUSE & THE FLAVOR MARKET: Casual elegance for gentlemen: short pants and Capri pants are allowed. Dress shirt casusal shoes or elegant sandals must be worn. Casual elegance for ladies: Long pants, Capri pants, skirt, blouse, casusal shoes or elegant sandals must be worn. (underlined) Please do not come: in t-shirts, tank shirts and/or beach sandals.

Gee and I could never figure out for the ladies howe I was supposed to wear casual shoes AND elegant sandals to dinner.

I typed the above exactly as it appeared in the newsletter from our recent stay. I hope it helps.

New York
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Playa Mujures Dress Code

Definitely helped me - thank you.

Central Wisconsin
Level Contributor
726 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Playa Mujures Dress Code

you are welcome!

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Playa Mujures Dress Code

thank you for making it clearer. I am looking forward to going and getting dressed up. As far as my husband, he will have to deal with it.

new york, ny
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Playa Mujures Dress Code

Did you find that women wore casual dressy (resort wear) to the nicer restaurants or more dressy dressy? Cocktail dresses at all?

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,693 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Playa Mujures Dress Code

I wore cocktail dresses to Chez Isabelle, and more resort wear ( dresses, linen and/ or silk slacks with club like tops )to the others. Saw lots of both, but Chez Isabelle, those who were not dressed up were conspicuous.

My husband wore silk slacks, long sleeve collared linen shirts, "club" shoes, and, in Chez Isabele, a sports jacket.

new york, ny
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Playa Mujures Dress Code

Thank you - that really isn't the way that I would have packed.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Playa Mujures Dress Code

I got MY resort wear from the same place as Frank Costanza..... the only thing that worries me is the moths !

new york, ny
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Playa Mujures Dress Code

Seinfeld? ;)

St Louis MO
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Playa Mujures Dress Code

I was pretty surprised we have many times felt out of place because we overdressed.

This year for the most part this wasnt the case.There were a handful that didnt follow the dress codes but i was pretty impressed there were alot of people dressed much nicer then we have seen at other resorts.

Now i didnt go the sport coat direction as this isnt my taste but it was to look over and someone have on jean shorts and a tank top and ball cap.

I actually dressed down slightly as compared to other years with linen pants a collared shirts and "mandals" for this restaurants that said closed toe shows and i wore leather flip flip linen pants and dress shirt in those restaurants that were relax like Lobster Agave and Flavor Market.