We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to go from the UK in August - what's a good price?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Looking to go from the UK in August - what's a good price?

Hi

I'm looking to take the girlfriend to EPM in August this year and was wondering what kind of price I should be targeting. Last year I negotiated what I thought was a good price for a resort in Tulum only to see the price plummit a couple of month's later.

I've been quoted approx. £3,800 for two weeks in a regular RTT room going from Manchester on 19th August. Is this reasonable?

Thanks!

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,536 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to go from the UK in August - what's a good price?

Hi

Does the price include transfers and/or insurance?

Also have you tried www.caribbeanwarehouse.co.uk for a price?

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to go from the UK in August - what's a good price?

Transfers, not insurance.

I have indeed tried Caribbean Warehouse (on your recommendation as it happens) and they were initially miles cheaper than anyone else but Thomas Cook have come in just a little under their quote.

Definately very helpful there though.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,536 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to go from the UK in August - what's a good price?

It would be worthwhile going back to them to see if they will price match as once you have booked with them once the discounts on future holidays seem to get deeper

dublin
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to go from the UK in August - what's a good price?

got 2weeks in april 4 1270 in reg jr suite from thomson

Sheffield
Level Contributor
298 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to go from the UK in August - what's a good price?

We ended up booking at at thomson shop, but the holiday is with sovreign, flying with Thomas Cook! Ended up getting 14 nights in a standard RTT at the beginning of september for £3900 including all taxes and insurance. Not bad I thought - Carribean Warehouse were quoting £3800 but that didnt include insurance, so they were about equal - also (and this is no offence to the company as they might well be exceptionally successful) I had in the back of my mind the chances of a company going bust due to the major fall in bookings this year and didnt completely feel secure booking with a smaller company - thats why we went with one of the traditional high street agents. Again, like i said, they could be a massive company who are still doing really well, but i simply felt happier going with Thomson.

Can I point out though that I was on the phone to carribean warehouse for ages and he completely filled me in on which resort to choose. He was very knowledgable and helpful, and i will admit that i did feel a little guilty to then go somewhere else.

Regards

John

6. Re: Looking to go from the UK in August - what's a good price?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 18, 2009