We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Playa Mujeres - Excellence Club worth it?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Portage, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Playa Mujeres - Excellence Club worth it?

Looking for feedback on if the Excellence Club is worth the money. We're looking at the two-story rooftop terrace room for our honeymoon. We'd love feedback on that room category in general, but then also if we should splurge on the EC or not.

Thank you!

ny
Level Contributor
308 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Excellence Club worth it?

I think it is worth it but you may want to wait until you get to the resort as it is les expensive.They may give you a pecial rate because it is your honeymoon,

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,730 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Excellence Club worth it?

Hi

I would say as it is your honeymoon and you are looking to book a RTT I would say a big YES.

The ECRTT are in a prime location and some are truly beach front. That apart all the other add on as per their website and just nice extras.

The one thing I would say is that if you book a RTT you must make use of it as if not it is a very expensive ceiling - when are you going as this does have a bearing on it as just now the rooftop tubs are a bit cold

Happy to help further and if you look at the photos attached to our review you will see why we love EPM so much and why we are going back in May

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1229340-d64…

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Excellence Club worth it?

With regards to the RTT, you may want to consider going non-EC and see if you can get a corner RTT. I may be wrong but I think most, if not all of the corner RTT are non-EC. The terraces for these rooms are on the same level as the room itself but more importantly, the terrace is much larger than a regular two story RTT - I would say easily 4x the size. FlipFlop have some good pics of these attached to his review. We made friends with the couple that stayed in one of the corner rooms in block 5 and it was enormous.

As for the rest of the EC vs. Non-EC argument, my opinion is that the only reason to splurge would be for the better view and location. The rest of the amenities I don't think justify any estra cost. Just my .02.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,730 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Excellence Club worth it?

Hi again

ERM is correct, as always, that all the corner RTT are Non-EC Rooms

The other thing you need to take into account is whether or not you are bothered about being viewed from above by more than the odd passing bird

Portage, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Excellence Club worth it?

We're going April 1-8, so I'm hoping pools will have warmed up by then. We actually just booked the Excellence Club RTT...we decided just to go for it and not worry too much either way. I'm sure we won't be willing to spend quite this much for another trip anytime overly soon...so we might as well do it right!

Your pictures, FlipFlop are great and were a big help in helping our research!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Excellence Club worth it?

We had an EC RTT and it was not worth it for us. I would go with ERM's suggestion and try to get a corner RTT.

The Excellence Club is not convenient to anything IMO so we did not use it once. We did not use the upgraded in room bar, nor the upgraded room service menu. We booked EC for the view and had a partial ocean view.

The beach area is nicer but we liked the pools at EPM better than the beach, even though we are beach people.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,730 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Excellence Club worth it?

Cavairgal

I do not know how you can say

"The Excellence Club is not convenient to anything IMO so we did not use it once"

as it must be all of a 5-7 minute walk from any part of the complex

Level Contributor
385 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Excellence Club worth it?

I went EC RTT last march and went non-ec non RTT in January. We really went for two different type trips. The first was just my husband and I and I hate to break it to you but....IT WAS AWESOME! The view, the service, the convient club where I could check email, the private check in, the grey goose anytime I wanted it, the upgraded room service menu, looking at the stars at night, it just rocked. You will have a fabulous time.

This January I went with friends so didn't do the EC and I have to say that while I had an excellent time, I did miss the EC and my rooftop. So what I'm trying to say is I think you made a great choice an you will have a great time. Sorry if I sound a bit random but I have a three year old running around looking for his firetruck. Back to reality.

Portage, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Excellence Club worth it?

Callehiedra - thank you so much for your comments! It's perfect to hear from someone who has done both to have a true comparison. I'm so happy with the choice we made!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,730 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Excellence Club worth it?

I am sure you will have a great time - just watch the stairs when you are coming off the RTT either from bright sunshine as you eyes takes a moment to adjust or at night when you have had the odd drink

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres