We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finest with tweens/teens

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Finest with tweens/teens

We're headed to FPM in a few weeks with a 10 and 12 yo and my sister's 17 and 19 yos. I wanted to hear from others who traveled with their kids around the same ages what they enjoyed. My 10 and 12 have never been keen about kids clubs kind of things and I'm sure they would prefer to be together. Will the 10yo be able to hang out in the teen club or vise versa? My 12 yo is particularly introverted and doesn't jump into new things with lots of new kids.

I'm guessing my 17 yo nephew will not be interested in teen club and the 19 yo is just back from her first year in college so she will want to sit back and relax. The cousins do like to hang out but I want to make sure everyone is happy doing what they want whether it's together or separately. Also, how is the resort about letting kids 10 and older walk around and engage in age appropriate activities on their own? Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
Kansas City...
3 posts
1. Re: Finest with tweens/teens

Bumping this up, going with a shy 14 year old before the end of summer. Are there any semi-organized activities for teens?

Ridgefield...
Level Contributor
424 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Finest with tweens/teens

Recently traveled with my 7 year olds, so cant give you a first hand account for that age group... my impression is the resort kids clubs are mostly oriented to the younger crowd. Probably worth checking out for teens, but it might be kind of dead. Parents can sign kids up with "come and go" prevliges, so they can check themselves in and out.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
855 posts
3. Re: Finest with tweens/teens

I think there is tennis. But what I did notice is that the kids side of the main pool was filled with young kids up to about age 6 or so, tons of them. I remember thinking it wasn’t a great layout for older tweens/teens. I didn’t really see much for that age group.

Reply to: Finest with tweens/teens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted