We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FPM excellence club - is it with the extra?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
FPM excellence club - is it with the extra?

Hi everyone

We (husband & I) are staying at FPM at the end of June/ beginning of July & have booked a standard junior suite with private pool/ garden. I’m not great in the heat so loved the idea of being able to take a dip to cool off when spending time in our room.

My question is is it worth upgrading to excellence club if available of course? What are the benefits? Is the standard level service good enough?

Thanks for your help

8 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
379 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: FPM excellence club - is it with the extra?

" is it worth upgrading to excellence club " ..... all depends on what you are expecting from the experience. It's all there, on their website: see below

Benefits: https:/…

Think of the Excellence Club as a resort within a resort with access to a private bar, pool area, restaurant and 24 hours concierge service--reserved for grown-ups only.

When you want a step up in luxury and a step closer together, The Excellence Club delivers on a whole new meaning of adults-only inclusiveness. This is exile in paradise. The Excellence Club is about the perks of privilege that accompany you throughout your stay. Enjoy express check-in service in a private VIP members-only lounge area, fresh flowers on your arrival, fresh fruit delivery and premium amenities. It’s also about privacy.

For extra solitude, Excellence Club suites offer special access to a private bar, pool, restaurant and concierge services. This is grown-up territory. Exclusive, private, tucked away....without the sounds of little feet. EXCELLENCE CLUB, an Adults Only Experience

vs Standard Junior Room With Private Pool https:/…

Junior Suite Private Pool at Finest Playa Mujeres

Privacy wrapped in sophistication. Our 1,600 square feet suites are ideal for families looking for a private pool and a gorgeous garden surroundings. Each ground-floor suite comes with a private 140 square feet pool and a furnished terrace with lounge bed and two sun beds. Bedroom features king bed.

Max. Total Occupancy: 4pax

Max. Adults Occupancy: 3 ( 13+ years)

Max Children Occupancy: 2 ( 4 to 12 years)

Max Infant Free in room: 1 ( 0-3 years)

NOTE: At least one adult (18+) required in every room. Children discount applies when sharing room with 2 adults paying double rate.

Service throughout is exceptional, whether Standard Suite or Excellence Club.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: FPM excellence club - is it with the extra?

Thanks for your reply. I had read the blurb on the website & it sounds fantastic but I suppose I’d like a few personal views. I personally love any additional luxury & am not too worried about paying for it but my husband is a bit more, shall we say careful with the £££.

Edited: 1:46 pm, June 03, 2018
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: FPM excellence club - is it with the extra?

IMO it's totally worth the extra $ for the adults only experience.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
837 posts
4. Re: FPM excellence club - is it with the extra?

If going without children by all means. The Bistro restaurant and club lounge are worth the upgrade IMO.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: FPM excellence club - is it with the extra?

if you really want an adults only experience then I would choose to stay at epm, if not then excellence club would not be worth the extra money (in my opinion) .

I feel that the level of service is very good no matter which class you book, that's why Excellence Group hotels are good.

Edited: 12:11 am, June 04, 2018
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
837 posts
6. Re: FPM excellence club - is it with the extra?

We found the AO experience, level of service, facilities and food to be much better at Finest Excellence Club compared to EPM. A higher level of class and less obnoxious guests.

Uxbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
167 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: FPM excellence club - is it with the extra?

I definitely feel that the Excellence Club at the Finest is worth the extra money if looking for a more refined Adult experience. The entire resort is fantastic and the service is exceptional throughout but as a traveller with no children I appreciated the quieter locale of the rooms, the club atmosphere, the adult only restaurant and the private beach area.

UK
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
75 reviews
8. Re: FPM excellence club - is it with the extra?

As a couple travelling without children we always book the Finest Club as we really prefer the location of the building, we are able to access all the Excellence Club areas including the EC beach, pool & restaurants.

In all of our 36 nights in the FC building we have never been disturbed by children either at night or in the morning.

Reply to: FPM excellence club - is it with the extra?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted