We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beloved and EPM - Swim up rooms?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,697 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beloved and EPM - Swim up rooms?

Hi All,

Looking to book someplace nice for December 2018. We've stayed in the Hotel Zone (Sun Palace, Live Aqua) and Playa del Carmen (The Royal PDC) and are thinking about trying another area.

Considering Beloved and EPM as upscale, adults-only AI, and the specific question is re: the swim up rooms and the pool; do the swim up rooms have their own smaller pool area (like the Royal PDC) or do they lead out into the main pool? The latter would be preferable for us.

Any comments on the pool temps for December? Either the main pool or the individual room's private pools? My wife likes it really warm, so if there's a difference that'd be good to know.

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
133 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beloved and EPM - Swim up rooms?

TBH rooms have private small pools that are not directly attached to the large pool. We travel to the area most years in December and the weather is rather pleasant, but not hot. We have found that unheated pools are typically not warm enough for my wife's liking, but most resorts including TBH have at least one heated pool.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,733 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beloved and EPM - Swim up rooms?

Hi

At TBH you have a main pool by the Isla Grill and Buildings #2 & #3 where the swim up suites are located have there own large individual "building" pool

At EPM you have a mixture of individual building pools, a lazy river arrangement and the main pool none of which are connected to each other

Feel free to check out my photo albums of the properties here in SlickPic

https://flipflopman.slickpic.com/gallery/

Please note TBH and EPM are very different in terms of size, style and layout so it very much depends on the type of property you are looking for

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,697 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beloved and EPM - Swim up rooms?

Thanks very much; the photos are very helpful!

Yeah, I know they're very different. WE've done both large and small resorts and liked them both, but for different reasons. I'm attracted to the variety of restaurants and activities at the larger one, and also to the quieter, more intimate nature of TBH, but not sure if the smaller number of restaurants, etc is "worth it."

I know, good problems to have!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beloved and EPM - Swim up rooms?

Great pics at a ton of properties! Thank you for sharing.

Ballwin, Missouri
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beloved and EPM - Swim up rooms?

While tbh has fewer restaurant choices. The Menu’s are larger and often have chefs specials or tasting menus that change daily. Room service was excellent as well. If you are planning 7 nights plus stay at beloved you can arrange a night out to excellence

Reply to: Beloved and EPM - Swim up rooms?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted